31st May 2011, 01:37 PM
Inspr Amar Deep

How to get a Librarian job in government sector?

I am looking for Librarian Job in govt sector or semi govt servant. please intimate any vancany publishsed during this month

Related Questions:
  1. Where can I get librarian job in Govt/Public sector?
  2. Can I get government librarian job in Hyderabad, Secunderabad Sector after completing M.Li.Sc, MA English/
  3. Which one is better between job in private sector as Engineer with MBA degree or job in government sector where pay is more?
  4. How may I get a job of librarian? I have worked in MIT's mediacal college, Latur as an assistant librarian
  5. How may i know about the age limit for central government jobs?
  6. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
  7. List of career opportunities available for a B.Tech graduate in Petroleum engineering from school of Petroleum technology Gandhinagar? I've secured CPI 5.75
  8. Is there any teaching job in government sector after completion of 12th?
  9. Career options after B.Sc (Physics)? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How to pursue M.Sc in Software Engineering being a candidate of EEE?
  11. What are the job opportunities available for a fashion designer in both private and government sector?
  12. Is there any possibility for me to get a good private sector job after having experience with Government job?
  13. How to get government job in Textile sector?
  14. Why plastic processing industry is fully privatized sector?
  15. Job in government sector or private sector after GNM in private?
  16. Can I get government job after 12 years of IT experience in private sector?
  17. What are the various job options available in government sector after completion of B.Tech course? -- [New]
  18. Is there any job in government sector for M.Sc Environmental Science holder?
15th March 2012, 12:35 PM
kemch

Default Re: How to get a Librarian job in government sector?

hello dear

To get the job as "Librarian" you must have studies B.Lib. Sci- Bachelor of Library Sciences (a Graduate Course) or
Post Graduation in Library Sciences i.e. M.Lib Sci- Masters in Library Sciences

Various Opportunities in Govt Departments are available for Graduates/Post Graduates in Library Sciences:

All Universities,
Central/State Archives Department
All Govt. Colleges
In Defence Services as a Civilian Employee (Librarian)
Archaeological Department

The above list is just a few only. The Library Sciences courses earlier was just designed only
to the extent of maintenance/upkeep/preserving the books, but in the recent past the electronisation
of the world, the scope of Library Sciences has extended in adding with Information Management.
And the old term has been replaced with as "Library and Information Sciences" with the inclusion
computers & functional software programs.

So in respect of Job prospects, as I have explained in above paragraphs. You please follow various
notifications in Employment News/Leading News Papers time to time as well as Public Service Commission Web Sites.
10th December 2012, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

when released kendriya visva vidyalaya librarian job notification please tell me
4th July 2014, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

hi i am vidya and now i am 35yrs house wife. i am BA pass. but now i need a job oriented short time course after BA please suggest me some help full answers.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?