13th October 2012, 01:27 AM
Samm45

How to get scholarship for preparation for IAS?

How i can get scholarship for prepration of ias..pelase tell me how to do it

13th October 2012, 08:21 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get scholarship for preparation for IAS?

To be selected by Indian Administrative Service, each candidate is required to appear for the entrance exam known as Civil Service Exam. This exam is also conducted for Indian Forest Service and Indian Police Service.

The role of IAS is related to administration. He has to implement government policies. In order to do that IAS officer consistently travels to places where policy in being implement to ensure that everything is being done smoothly. IAS officer also has to ensure that there is no misuse of the public funds. He could become answerable for any irregularity in the funds.

IAS officer also helps government officials draft policies. The valuable inputs of the IAS officer regarding his region comes very handy for the government officials and ministeries to come up with best possible policy.

During local elections, IAS officer works with the Election Commission. He has to ensure that there is no violence and the safety of the ballet box or EVM. IAS also plays a very important role during the natural disaster like earthquake, floods etc.

Eligibility

1. You must be of Indian origin.

2. A Bachelor degree in any stream.

3. Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

4. Age limit for OBC is relaxed by 3 years.

5. 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

Number of Attempts

1. General - 4

2. OBC - 7

3. SC/ST - no limit

There is no scholarship to prepare for the IAS exam. Neither bank is going to give you education loan for it. If you are planning to prepare for IAS through coaching center then you alone would have to arrange the funds. There are number of coaching centers who would be affordable for you. But in case you can't afford any, you will have to take private loan.

Other option is to prepare for the Civil Service Exam on your own. Read a lot of newspapers and keep an eye on all the latest events in the world. To prepare for General Studies, refer to books of 12th NCERT of history and geography.

You should also work on your English. Essay writting would be part of the main exam. You should come prepared for it. Improve your English, especially grammar.
13th October 2012, 08:40 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

HELLO DEAR

There is no scholarship to prepare for the IAS exam.

There are number of coaching centers who would be affordable for you.

You can sit for the exam provided you follow the eligibility norms:

** You must have completed your graduation in any stream.

** Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

** Age limit for OBC is relaxed by 3 years.

** 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Number of attempts:

4 in case of general
7 in case of OBC &
unlimited in case of SC/ST till they attain the age of 35 years.

There are 3 stages of examination:
Preliminary
Mains
Interview

According to latest pattern Preliminary exam is known as CSAT.

You have 2 papers in this:
General awareness
Aptitude test

good luck
13th October 2012, 10:55 AM
BHAUMIK K. PATEL

Dear friend,

To be selected by Indian Administrative Service, each candidate is required to appear for the entrance exam known as Civil Service Exam. This exam is also conducted for Indian Forest Service and Indian Police Service.

The role of IAS is related to administration. He has to implement government policies. In order to do that IAS officer consistently travels to places where policy in being implement to ensure that everything is being done smoothly. IAS officer also has to ensure that there is no misuse of the public funds. He could become answerable for any irregularity in the funds.

IAS officer also helps government officials draft policies. The valuable inputs of the IAS officer regarding his region comes very handy for the government officials and ministeries to come up with best possible policy.
Eligibility

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

best of luck.
13th October 2012, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

i m the student of mca then hhow can i got government job in my field?
13th October 2012, 05:27 PM
katrina yadav

do hard work and i am sure that you can do it
13th October 2012, 05:33 PM
azhardon

hi,

During local elections, IAS officer works with the Election Commission. He has to ensure that there is no violence and the safety of the ballet box or EVM. IAS also plays a very important role during the natural disaster like earthquake, floods etc.

Eligibility

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

Number of Attempts

1. General - 4

2. OBC - 7

3. SC/ST - no limit

There is no scholarship to prepare for the IAS exam. Neither bank is going to give you education loan for it. If you are planning to prepare for IAS through coaching center then you alone would have to arrange the funds. There are number of coaching centers who would be affordable for you. But in case you can't afford any, you will have to take private loan.

Other option is to prepare for the Civil Service Exam on your own. Read a lot of newspapers and keep an eye on all the latest events in the world. To prepare for General Studies, refer to books of 12th NCERT of history and geography.

You should also work on your English. Essay writting would be part of the main exam. You should come prepared for it. Improve your English, especially grammar.
13th October 2012, 06:06 PM
azhardon

hi,

Eligibility

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

Number of Attempts

1. General - 4

2. OBC - 7

3. SC/ST - no limit

17th July 2013, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

i have just complete my bachelor's degree ineed ias coaching at bd block saltlake sector 1,kolkata west bengle' can i get any type of scolarship
12th December 2013, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Hello SIR

I HAVE JUST COMPLETE MY ENGG I NEED IAS COACHING FOR PREPARATION. I BELONG TO SCHEDULE CASTE CASTE CAN I GET ANY TYPE OF SCHOLARSHIP.
11th August 2014, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Hello SIR Sir main IGNOU se BSC kar rahi hu abhi main final year main hu kya main IAS kar sakti hu
6th July 2015, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

hello sir or madam, just now i had completed my graduate, i want to apply for civil service exams so is there any scholarship for ST/SC category
8th July 2015, 02:01 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

IAS is stand for the Indian Administrative Service. Indian Administrative Services (IAS) is the one of the famous and respected job of India. IAS entrance examination is come under civil services examination which is conducted by the UPSC once in every year. Here i give you the details eligibility criteria :

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Services Examination :
--> pass graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University. Final year candidates can also apply for the Civil Services examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the Civil Services examination. If you satisfy the above mention eligibility criteria then you are eligible for the Civil service examination. For details and complete information regarding Civil Services examination please visit the official website of the UPSC .

As per your question there is not possible to get any scholarship to prepare for the IAS exam. Neither bank is going to give you education loan for it. If you are planning to prepare for IAS through coaching center then you alone would have to arrange the funds. The competition is tough so prepare well for the examination.

Hope your problem is solved. Wish you all the best for your upcoming brightness career
30th November 2016, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Without giving scholarships to poor people how can they study IAS exams second one is poor people would not dare to take loans from banks they are not able to finish the loan
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?