17th September 2012, 11:28 AM
Kumar singh niraj

How to be an IPS? I am a graduate

Hi sir
i m niraj kumar singh from bihar i m in graduation (geo-hon)part 1 i want to be an ips but sir i m the poor faimly as well as no any types facility avilable hare to prepare it how can i prepare it plse enfore m on my [email protected] plse reply me soon thanks

1st October 2012, 11:19 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to be an IPS? I am a graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar singh niraj View Post
Hi sir
i m niraj kumar singh from bihar i m in graduation (geo-hon)part 1 i want to be an ips but sir i m the poor faimly as well as no any types facility avilable hare to prepare it how can i prepare it plse enfore m on my [email protected] plse reply me soon thanks
IPS stands for Indian Police services and to become IPS Officer you have to complete your Graduate degree course first and apply for the UPSC Civil services examination, This examination is conducted by UPSC Every year in two stages, preliminary and Mains.

The notification is Published in the month of February every year and if your graduation is complete or if you have pursuing your final year of course then you can apply for this examination.

Your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

This exam is highly competitive, around 4 lakh students appear for it every year. Although vacancies are very few, only 900 are selected. Regarding IPS, it is the cadre wich will be allotted to you after selection. Your chances of getting IPS depends on your rank. Generally, top rank within 150-250 gets IPS branch.

Preliminary exam is conducted in May, after getting through this stag, then you can write Mains, which is conducted in October. After this comes Interview. This exam is objective as well as subjective. If you cracked Mains also then you are eligible for Final Interview.

Please prepared well for this examination only as per the pattern and syllabus.

You need 1-2 year preparation to cracked this examination, you will get 4 attempts if you are general category candidate.

You can collect more details from the official website of UPSC.
1st October 2012, 06:21 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Hello dear,

To become IPS officer, you have to write Civil service exam conducted by UPSC. To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course from a recognised board and your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

IPS is one of the All India Allied services provided, once you clear this exam. The post highly competitive among aspirants. Designations like DSP, SP , Commissioner are given to passouts after training for IPS. After selection, you will be trained for two in IPS academy in Hyderabad.

The notification of CSE Examination is going to be published soon next year in the month of February and eligible candidates may fill the application form online only.

No, offline application form facility is applicable for any candidates in this examination.

The examination is conducted in 2 stages, preliminary and Mains, Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this is objective and there are two papers in this examination. If you cracked this stage, then you are eligible for Mains.

The main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the optional subjects for Main examination.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, only then you will be able to cracked this examination, If you face any problem then you can join some good coaching classes.

For more details about this examination, please check the official website of UPSC.

good luck
30th April 2013, 11:28 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for IPS, as you are a graduate. Written test for IPS comprise questions from topics like general aptitude, GK, Indian polity, constitution, India/world geography, history, political science and so on. Exam preparations can be done using text books and reference guides. E-books and study materials collected over web will be cost effective. Reading news papers, year book, etc will be useful for exam preparation.
16th June 2013, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir
me niraj sr plse tell me about delhi police SI exame what about ask in exame at my email [email protected] thnks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?