19th January 2020, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Air Force after completion of Intermediate?

Hi, I was born in 1997 and I have just completed my 12th Board exams and I wish to join Indian Air Force. How can I proceed with this? What should I do? Can I join directly? Or, do I need to do any courses? If courses, then which course to do for joining Air Force?

20th January 2020, 07:41 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Air Force after completion of Intermediate?

Procedure to join Indian Air Force after completion of intermediate :-
You can join Indian Air Force after 12th (PCM) through NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC.
For this you have to clear first stage that is written exam. 2nd you have to clear SSB interview. 3rd stage is medical test and then you have to stand in merit list.
20th January 2020, 09:42 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Air Force after 12th, the candidate has do to appear in NDA exam that is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.
The candidate should have passed 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry, mathematics and English as main subjects from a recognised board.

Age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years and there is no upper age relaxation given to reserved category candidates.

You are not eligible because you have crossed the upper age limit.
20th January 2020, 11:06 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

After 12th the aspirant can join Indian Air Force, If he has passed 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry, mathematics in English as main subjects and has to qualify the NDA examination that is conducted by UPSC twice in a year in the month of April and September.

Age criteria:

Minimum age is 16.5 years.
Maximum age is 19 years.
No upper age relaxation to reserved categories.

Official website:
https://www.nda.nic.in/
21st January 2020, 10:33 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Since, you have just completed 12th standard, so you can join Indian Air Force through NDA exam that is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Your age must be between 16.5 to 19.5 years to be eligible for NDA exam. To qualify for this exam, you need to qualify Written Exam followed by Personal Interview.

Physical requirements for NDA exam is listed below:

Other ways to join Air force is through:
  • CDS
  • AFCAT

But for these two exams, you will have to complete your graduation first. Then only, you will be considered eligible for above exams.
22nd January 2020, 10:51 AM
amishkuma

According to your given information your date of birth year is 1997, So you can not apply for any exam of air Force at intermediate level because age restriction in group X, Y and NDA exam. For X and Y group 01/2021 batch vacancy D.O.B. must in between 17/01/2000 to 30/12/2003. So you can not apply for X and Y group.
Similarly, for NDA 2020 recruitment age must between 02/07/2001 to 01/07/2004.
You can apply CDS which are under graduation level with PCM and 60% mark.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?