10th August 2017, 12:42 PM
Matthews george

How to join Indian Army? Eligibility criteria for it?

My name is Mathews and I am 26 years old. I am 12th (Commerce) qualified candidate and want to join Indian Army. How can I join Indian Army? Eligibility criteria for it?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do after class 10th to join the Indian Army? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Indian Army?
  2. Procedure to join Indian Army? Criteria for selection? Qualifications required for admission?
  3. Eligibility criteria to join Indian Army? What are the vacancies in Indian Army?
  4. Eligibility criteria to join Indian Army as a Clerk? Is there any excuse of sightedness?
  5. How to join Indian Army after passing 10th? What is the criteria to join Indian Army? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I join Indian Army after B.Tech? What is the eligibility criteria for this?
  7. Indian Army after BCA?Eligibility,Procedure to Join?
  8. How to join Indian Navy and Army after ECE? What is the eligibility criteria for it?
  9. What step should I follow to join the Indian Army after completing Mechanical Engineering? What is the eligibility criteria required to become an Indian Army Officer?
  10. How can I join Indian Army? What is the procedure and eligibility criteria?
  11. What is the eligibility criteria required required to join the Indian Army as a Soldier?
  12. What is the procedure and eligibility for application of Indian Army?
  13. Am I eligible to join Indian Army with mentioned subjects in 12th standard? Procedure to join?
  14. Girl studying B.Arch can serve Indian Army?
  15. What is the criteria to join Indian Army as a soldier?
  16. Is a girl eligible to join Indian Army after completion of graduation with PCM stream?
  17. What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army? What is the age limit to apply for the Indian Army?
  18. Eligibility criteria for joining Indian Army? Is Diploma enough for joining Army?
10th August 2017, 08:52 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Army? Eligibility criteria for it?

If you want to join Indian Army then you need to complete your graduation from a recognised University with minimum 50% marks because you have exceeded your age limit which is 26 years and after 12th only those candidates are eligible for NDA examination whose age limit is in between 16.5 to 19 years. So it will be better for you to complete your graduation in any discipline and after that you are eligible to appear for CDS exam or any other Army entrance exam.
10th August 2017, 09:37 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Indian Army are as under:-

Candidate age should be 17.5 years to 23 years.

Candidates must have completed their SSLC/matriculation with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate and 32% in each subject.

Candidate must have completed their intermediate in Science discipline with English, Maths, Chemistry, Physics with at least 50 percent aggregate.

The selection process includes written examination followed by physical examination and interview.

For most of the positions the physical requirement of 48-50 kgs is a must and chest requirement is 77 cms. The height requirement will differ from one position to another.
11th August 2017, 08:29 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a Class 12th passed and 26 years old candidate you are not eligible for joining Indian Army as the maximum age limit for a Class 12th passed to join Indian Army at any posts is 25 years apart from the post of Junior Commissioned Officer catering for which the maximum permissible age is 27 years but for the same your higher secondary school degree is must with Crockery Hotel Management or Catering Technology or Food craft.

For details regarding different entries in Indian Army and their eligibility criteria you can refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?