17th February 2017, 08:42 AM
Mithan k

How to join NDA? Can I join BSF through NDA?

Dear sir, My name is Mithank, from Karnataka, studying in 10th and I want to join NDA then BSF. Please tell me how can I join NDA? Can I join BSF through NDA?

18th February 2017, 07:15 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join NDA? Can I join BSF through NDA?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same you need to qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in NDA entrance examination are as following :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male citizen.

* Your age must lie in between 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th academics or must be in the final year of same with any stream from a recognized board. But in order to join Indian Navy or Indian Air force your academics must include Physics and Mathematics as main subjects.

* You must satisfy the physical and mental fitness norms as per the service requirement mentioned at the time of notification of examination.

Now as far as you are concerned about joining BSF ( Border Security Force ) through NDA then it is not possible as through NDA one can only join Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air force as a commissioned officer.

For more detail regarding NDA you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
18th February 2017, 10:36 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

BSF stands for Border Security Forces. It comes under Central Armed Police Forces. UPSC conducts CAPF entrance exam for entry into armed forces like ITBP, SSB, BSF etc. You can not join BSF through NDA entrance examination.

2. You can join National Defence Academy through NDA entrance exam conducted by UPSC . Entry to different wings like Army, Air Force and Navy is through NDA entrance exam. The minimum qualification is 10+2. For Navy and Air Force, PCM subject is necessary in 12th.
19th February 2017, 08:33 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC for candidates who are interested to join in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wings. Candidates who have passed 12th standard in any stream from a recognised board are eligible to appear in NDA examination. No, you can't join BSF through NDA examination.
14th March 2023, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Now iam bsf can i join with nda
21st April 2023, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

I can join bsf air wing after 10th passed how I do then I join bsf air wing after 10th?
29th May 2023, 01:13 PM
eduking

NDA is different and BSF is different and the recruitment process for both is not the same. You need to apply for separate exams to get into these two organizations. NDA is for those who are looking to become an officer in Indian Army, Airforce, and Navy. BSF is a paramilitary force and they are not part of the Indian armed forces. Hence, if you have joined NDA then you can't join BSF through NDA

BSF has a different recruitment process for various posts like Constable, CAPF Commandant, etc, which is a separate process and doesn't have anything to do with the NDA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?