3rd January 2018, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

How to know passing criteria for UGC NET?

I have secured 44,(paper 1) 48 (paper 2) and 76 (paper 3) in UGC NET in November 2017. I have not qualified but, how can I know whether I have passed or not?

4th January 2018, 11:24 PM
MNB1234

Default Re: How to know passing criteria for UGC NET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have secured 44,(paper 1) 48 (paper 2) and 76 (paper 3) in UGC NET in November 2017. I have not qualified but, how can I know whether I have passed or not?
Passing criteria for UGC NET exams:
There are three papers

Paper 1, Paper -2 and Paper 3- minimum 40% aggregate marks for general category candidates and 35 % for OBC candidates.

Maximum marks:
Paper 1- 100 marks
Paper 2- 100 marks
Paper 3- 150 marks

In your case you have scored 168 marks out of 350 marks which is 48% and also you have cleared subjects with minimum aggregate of 40% marks.

Also the number of slots for eligibility for Assistant Professor only will be equal to the 6% of the candidates appeared in all three papers of NET.

Since your marks does not come in the TOP 6% candidates, thats why you have not qualified.
5th January 2018, 02:12 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to know passing criteria for UGC NET?

No, you are not qualified in the UGC NET.

UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) is an Entrance Exam conducted every year by CBSE.

The cut off marks for the NET will be different for General, OBC, SC/ ST candidates. The cut off for Paper I, Paper II and Paper III are as follows:

- In Paper I the minimum marks required is 40% for general candidates, 35% for OBC, SC/ ST candidates.
- In Paper II the minimum marks required is 40% for general candidates, 35% for OBC, SC/ ST candidates.
- In Paper III the minimum marks required is 50% for general candidates, 40% for OBC, SC/ ST candidates.

For more detailed information you can check this PDF.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?