28th June 2020, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

How many years does IGNOU allows to complete the Graduation degree courses?

I am a student of IGNOU. I had started my B.Com degree course in the year 2014 January but due to some financial issues in my family I could not continue after completing two years as I had to work to run my family. Will I be able to complete my final year now?

30th June 2020, 03:31 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How many years does IGNOU allows to complete the Graduation degree courses?

As per the current norms, the maximum duration allowed for completion of B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce) degree course from IGNOU is Six years while the actual duration of the same course is 3 years.

So, having enrolled for B.Com degree course in January 2014, you are not eligible to rejoin the same course now as it is more than 6 years.

For complete details regarding the same, you can refer to the link http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutig...s/detail/191/2.
30th June 2020, 06:12 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many years does IGNOU allows to complete the Graduation degree courses?

In IGNOU, the minimum duration to complete B.Com course is 3 years and the maximum duration is 6 years which means 3 years is the grace period.

Since it is 6 years now, I am sorry to say that you will not be allowed to complete your pending B.Com course.

The only way is you have to freshly join B.Com course again and complete it in 3 years at least this time.

The fees that you have paid already had gone waste now.

Though you have financial problems also, you should have tried to complete it within the grace period.

This is the same mistake being done by so many people and would get into problems.

Whatever it may be, please do not repeat this again.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?