13th October 2019, 09:02 AM
sajal santra

How many years does it takes to complete Higher Secondary from NIOS Board?

Hello Sir, I have passed 12th from Arts stream in 2012 from West Bengal Board. Now, I want to complete Higher Secondary from Science stream from NIOS Board. How many years I needed to complete the Higher Secondary in Science? Can I take direct admission in 12th or I have to take admission in 11th first?

15th April 2023, 11:12 PM
SidhuMoosewala

Default Re: How many years does it takes to complete Higher Secondary from NIOS Board?

National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is a recognized board that offers education to students who cannot attend regular schools due to various reasons. Many students opt for NIOS to complete their higher secondary education, and the duration to complete higher secondary from NIOS depends on various factors.

Typically, the duration to complete higher secondary education from NIOS is two years, which is the same as any other board in India. However, the flexibility provided by NIOS allows students to take more time to complete their education. Students can take up to five years to complete their higher secondary education if they require it. This flexibility provided by NIOS is particularly useful for students who are pursuing other interests or who are unable to attend regular classes.

In addition to being flexible, NIOS also offers several advantages over other traditional boards. For instance, NIOS allows students to study at their own pace, provides course materials in several languages, and has a vast network of study centers across the country.

The admission process for NIOS is straightforward and involves filling out an online application form, submitting the required documents, and paying the registration fee. The board also conducts examinations twice a year, in April-May and October-November.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?