24th March 2012, 02:24 PM
angad591

How may I prepare for the IES exam? I am first year BE student having ECE stream

hello sir i m a 1st yr b.e.
(electronics and communication eng.) student,i want to prepare for ies enterance exam ,kindly help me?

27th March 2012, 10:23 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How may I prepare for the IES exam? I am first year BE student having ECE stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by angad591 View Post
hello sir i m a 1st yr b.e.
(electronics and communication eng.) student,i want to prepare for ies enterance exam ,kindly help me?
First year candidates are not eligible to apply for Engineering Service examination because this examination is only for pass out and final year candidates not for pre-final year candidates and other year candidates.So first complete your graduate degree then apply for IES examination.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.This year notification was already published in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper.

IES ECE Examination consist of three papers :-

1)General ability
2)Objective paper - I
3)Conventional paper - II

IES Syllabus :-

Paper - I :-
  • Material and Components
  • Physical Electronics , Electron Device and ICs
  • Signals and Systems
  • Network Theory
  • Electromagnetic Theory
  • Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation

Paper - II :-
  • Analog Electronic Circuits
  • Digital Electronic Circuits
  • Control Systems
  • Communication Systems
  • Microwave Engineering
  • Computer Engineering

To apply for Engineering Examination , the candidate need to completed engineering degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and final year candidate can apply for this examination.The candidate age must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years as on 1st august of the year of examination and relaxation is given to the reserved categories.

Exam Pattern :-

More details,Visit the official website :- Click here !!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc indian_engineering_service_syllabus_ECE.doc(42.0 KB, 64 views)
12th March 2014, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How may I prepare for the IES exam? I am first year BE student having ECE stream

Sir i am in first year be and i want to prepare for ies exam alongwith gate . i want to score a good marks therefore i want to start early. What measure should i take to achieve my goal from right now
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?