10th September 2016, 12:34 PM
Monika gurung

How a Nepali 10th class Kendriya Vidyalaya student can join Indian Army?

Dear sir, I am a 16 year old girl. I am in class 12 science with BiPC. My question is I want to join army related jobs, so how can I? I got 8.6 cgpa in class 10 and my height is 158 cm. I am a Kendriya Vidyalaya student and my father too belongs to army, and I want to get a job in army line as well. Actually I am a Nepali and love Indian army. Please, instruct me.

16th October 2016, 12:49 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How a Nepali 10th class Kendriya Vidyalaya student can join Indian Army?

Being a girl the only way you can join Indian Army is through CDS.

--> CDS refers to Combined Defense Services and to join the same you need to qualify CDS entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written Test followed by SSB interview.

--> To be eligible for CDS entrance examination for joining Indian Army wing i.e; Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) you must have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India or Nepal or Bhutan.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 24 years.

* You must satisfy the physical fitness norms as specified at the time of release of notification for the same examination.

For further details regarding CDS entrance examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?