4th May 2013, 05:23 PM
divybhan

How to prepare for AFCAT? What steps should I take?

want to prepare for AFCAT, what steps should i do ????

27th June 2015, 10:04 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for AFCAT? What steps should I take?

AFCAT stands for the Airforce Common Admission Test. This entrance exam is conducted by the Indian Airforce for selection of candidates into:

>>Flying branch

>>Technical branch

>>Ground duty branch.

Let me first tell you the examination pattern of the AFCAT. There are two papers where first paper is the General ability test. Second paper is of Engineering Knowledge test.

General ability test is of 2 hours duration consisting of 100 questions containing one mark each thus total paper is of 300 marks. Negative marking is also there, one mark is reduced for each incorrect answer.

The test analyzes the students in the following section:

>>General awareness

>>English

>>Numerical ability

>>Reasoning and military aptitude.

For general awareness, you must refer to Lucent General knowledge. If you prepare each and everything from that book leaving current affairs you will be able to answer majority of general awareness questions.

For English, solve questions from Wren and Martin on sentence completion, subject verb agreement. Work on antonyms and synonyms. R.S aggarwal is the best for numerical ability for cracking AFCAT exam.

Buy a book from Arihant Publication for AFCAT preparation and practice papers from it before examination that will help you gaining confidence.

For current affairs, read daily newspapers, listen news channels and visit www.gktoday.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?