4th November 2010, 11:48 PM
navyarani.bade

How to prepare for campus placements?

I am now in final year B.Tech .I want to do job for atleast 2 years and gain experience so please tell me how to prepare for campus placements?

9th April 2011, 04:53 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to prepare for campus placements?

You dint mentioned which type of company you want to go through in the campus placements.Well,most of the software companies have similar selection procedure.

All you need to do is practice on certain parts like Aptitude,reasoning and puzzles,data interpretation and English.If you know the procedure of how to prepare the test and what all material is required then it will make you go through campus placements.the materials which am attaching here will be definitely helpful for you.

First of all practice the questions related to Aptitude,reasoning and puzzles,data interpretation and English.Going through all these questions throughly will make you sure to go through the written tests.

The HR Round depends upon your talent and communication skills.If you have good communication skills and if your frank in front of the HR then you can get selected easily.
9th April 2011, 05:17 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyarani.bade View Post
I am now in final year B.Tech .I want to do job for atleast 2 years and gain experience so please tell me how to prepare for campus placements?
If You Really Want To Prepare For Campus Placements, Then I Will Suggest You Firstly Try To Improve Your Communication Skills, Because Without Communication, No One Can Job In Good Company.

And As Part For This, Please Also Improve Your GD Skills, Because In GD, Few Candidates Are Select And Eligible To Appear For Final Interview.

If You Really Want A Good Job, Then Please Prepare For Quantitative Aptitude, If You Clear This Test, Then You Will Eligible To Appear For GD Round.

So, To Get Campus Placement, You Have To Clear All These Rounds I.e, Quantitaive Aptitude Test, Group Discussion, Presentation And Interview. If You Will Be Able To Clear All These Rounds, then Definitely You Will Get Job In Good Company.
9th April 2011, 06:06 PM
lakshmiharathi.kota
Member+

Hi
1. Improve Communication Skills
2. Improve Group Discussion Skills
3. Practice Quantitative Apptitude, Reasoning, English For Written Exam
4. Maintain Your Percentage At >=60% in Your Degree
5. Know About Yourself , Improve Your Strenghts And Avoid Your Weaknesses

All The Best
9th April 2011, 07:44 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyarani.bade View Post
So you want to prepare yourself for campus placements.....

there are many parts in which you have to work hard for getting campus placements.
first of all you have to read the main subjects of the trade in which you are, very well.
cause the technical questions in written and intervieus are very much tough.
Now at first, you have to prepare yourself for aptitude tests.
for those you have to prepare for aptitude quick math, reasoning, etc
the books of Dr, R S Agarwal for reasoning and aptitude are very useful.
You must follow those..
After that for GD and intervieu stages, you should improve your communication skills in english.
for this, you can join spoken english classes.
this are some suggestions from me.
At last i can say that you must be confident and do not get tensed.
this will help you a lot.
so best of luck..............
9th April 2011, 07:46 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for campus placements?

Hi friend,

To get through you campus placement first step is to get through your

aptitude test. For that you have to study more and practice more methods of

solving aptitude tests. I suggest you R.S. Agarwal book which contains more

than 10,000 questions.

Next for group discussion you must improve your confidence and speak

correctly whatever you try to express.

Next one is your interview in which you can do well with the help of

nothing other than your knowledge and practice.
13th April 2011, 07:01 PM
devendergora

Dear, you have not mentioned your branch and in which type of company you want to do job.

As a general idea, you need to do is practice on certain parts like Aptitude,reasoning and puzzles,data interpretation and English.

Revise your last two semester content, sometimes they can ask question from that.
8th June 2011, 03:58 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Campus placement is easy in comparison off campus ..
so for on campus prepare aptitude test ,see your final year project .
enter the room with confidence ..
good luck
16th June 2011, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
31st July 2011, 08:33 PM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Dear friend,
For campus placement you must have to make these thing good:
*Must aware of general topics.
*Must have good communication skill
*Must have effective resume
*Must good in techanical topics too.
31st July 2011, 10:53 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Hi you need to prepare both technically as well as you need to concentrate on group discussion and communication skills as both plays a important role in your placements. Initial preparation help you to clear the initial stage only after that your soft skill matters
7th August 2011, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Whether is the minimum percentage of CGPA for Campus Placments?
4th September 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

i'm in cse 3rd year b.tech .....i want to know how can i prepare for the campus placements from now onwards?
5th September 2011, 02:52 AM
vijendradutt

Be confident, trust yourself,
to do better in campus interview develop your communication skills,and you must be polite in your behaviour so as to impress another,and offcourse your course knowledge is also mandatory..and most important thing try to be smart.
5th September 2011, 09:29 AM

Its better to check previous question papers of particular s/w company... earlier i attend TCS on campus interview...I seen all patterns of TCS.. Previous question papers.............
now Iam one of TCS family.. i.e I selected..... or join CRT[campus recruitment Training].. at secunderabad.... they having tricks to solve apptitude..... technical u go with one Programming language.... its better to learn c and JAVA or .NET... and DATABASE[sql].. all the best..
5th September 2011, 09:31 AM

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for campus placements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm in cse 3rd year b.tech .....i want to know how can i prepare for the campus placements from now onwards?
its better to go for CRT [campus recruitment Training].. They will give one of best training to recruit any company...............and go for previous question papers... maintain above 63 % always
5th September 2011, 11:49 AM

1. improve your communication skills
2. while in the class rooms try to talk in english
3. Prepare for G.D by forming the group with your friends
4. practice the aptitude questions and also the technical questions
5th September 2011, 04:41 PM
Tulasinagababu

Being a Recruiter in a big training company in Bangalore I can tell you what a company sees when it goes for campus interview.
Just go through the website of the companies to know about what they are into & the history etc of the company & names of the big men in it. Preapare with online CBTs & CSR magazine for aptitude tests. Start practicing with your friends in your serious group for the group discussion. Mind well GD is not argument or fight or quarrel but making others understand your point & convince them for it. Try to stick to your point & never change the party. Never insult the other participents. You are already B.Tech so try to believe for yourself that technicaly you are very sound; just needed to build the confidence in yourself. Meditate for 30 minutes on almighty before going for the interview. That makes your mind set to stability which is the most needed thing before presenting yourself.

All The Best !!!

I am giving below few general guidelines. Let us know if you need any specific suggestions. Also we will be happy if you can submit your campus papers here whenever you attend a company's test/interview. That will help a lot of other people.

1) as long as your communication is good enough, you don't need more extra-curricular activities for your %.

2) First you need to decide what you are going to do and prepare with a "direction" instead of blindly attending all companies and then ending up with no offer letter.

3) I mean to say - first find out the list of companies that will be coming to your campus. Choose your target companies and prepare for them. You can attempt other companies as well, but most of your focus should be in preparing for the targetted companies.

4) Most important - Get the previous papers of those companies and prepare them. You can get around 1500 Placement Papers of all companies at our interview site: www.ChetanaSinterview.com Just go there and down load the papers.

5) For any exam, you should be thorough with Aptitude. Complete R.S.Agarwal end-to-end at least twice. Try to improve your speed and accuracy at aptitude. Work them keeping your clock besides you.

6) Next is Puzzles. Prapare ShakuntalaDevi puzzle books. This will help you not only to crack Infosys, but also for many other exams. You can take the help of 'APTITUDE AND PUZZLE DISCUSSIONS' board for that. Just have a look at the puzzles solved there.

7) GRE Barrons - Old edition. Prepare all the analytical questions. If you are analytically very good, then it may not be needed. However I suggest to go through this at least once.

8) Seeing your %, I am assuming you are good at your subjects. You should always have 2 subjects in which you are very strong in basics. In the interview, if it's going negatively, then you can ask them to test you in those subjects. But you should not miss any questions in those.

9) Since you are CS student, I am not asking whether you know C,C++. You should at least know those two for your interviews. You can follow 'Yashwant Kanetkar' book for interviews.

10) You should be prepared with the most basic HR questions like 'Tell me about yourself', 'You strengths & Weaknesses' etc. You can take the help of 'HR INTERVIEW HELPLINE' board for that. Just have a look at the questions there.

11) Be confident while answering the questions in your interview. Your confidence will play major role in your success. If you don't know the answer to any question, be frank to say 'I don't know'.
5th September 2011, 05:01 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To prepare for campus placement you have to do lots of hard work..

The campus drive consists of two phases..
1.Aptitude test.
2.Interview

To prepare for the aptitude test you have to do lots of practice to solve aptitude questions as quick as possible.
You can solve the aptitude questions of the sample paper of that company..
It will help you a lot..
After clearing the aptitude test you have to go through the interview session..
To crack the interview you have to improve the soft skills in you..
Soft skills like-
Communication skills
Politeness
attitude
personality
etc..
These are the very much important qualities you have to grow in you to crack the interview.
Beside this you must have a basic technical knowledge.. They will ask questions from that.. so, you have to be prepared..
All the best.
5th September 2011, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

what is the upper age limit for government teacher job in Haryana ?
6th September 2011, 12:13 AM
sandipk
Senior Member+

hello friend,

to appear the campus you must be prepared with:
all the technical: branch subjects,
all the extra coerces or training you under gone ,
aptitude, reasoning, verbal,(refer R S Agarwal, Pratiyogi kiran, its a magazine wich ll also help you)
more over for English speaking ability, for interview,( you may practice it of your own and you may take help of faculties or institution also)
and GD also..
so always update with the current events and news;

Good LUck~~~
20th September 2011, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for placement when you are having very much less time,approx one month
9th February 2012, 04:04 PM
prince222

you have prepare for aptitude, reasoning,general knowledge and also technical. For aptitude and reasoning you can go for R S AGGARWAL and MAGICAL BOOKS on quicker maths and reasoning.
10th July 2014, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of MCA.i want to know what are the steps or rounds of an campus placements or off campus interview?
10th July 2014, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of MCA.i want to know what are the steps or rounds of an campus placements or off campus interview?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?