6th January 2011, 06:41 PM
arpit chaos

How to prepare for GATE exam while preparing for university exams (8th sem btech)?

i am a computer engineering student in pune university ,second year.how to prepare for gate exam(8th sem) while preparing for our univ. exams?

pls. guide me to refer which books and authors?

Related Questions:
  1. Cochin University B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering-8th Sem-Computer Networks Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  2. Requirements for government exams?
  3. Is RVD universities recognized university? Can I appear for GATE exam after completing B.Tech?
  4. Books to be followed to prepare for GATE exam? When to start preparing for it? Topics on which I should concentrate more?
  5. Cochin University B.Tech in Civil Engineering 8th Sem Interior Design Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. Cochin University B.Tech in Civil Engineering 8th Sem. -Cost Effective Building Techniques Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  7. Can I study MS in University of Melbourne if appeared in B.Tech 8th semester with a backlog remaining? -- [New]
  8. Cochin University B.Tech in Civil Engineering-8th Sem-Construction Management II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. PTU B.Tech in CSE-8th Sem Formal Language And Autamata Theory Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. Cochin University B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering-8th Sem-Production Technology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. How to prepare for GATE entrance exam? I am doing B.Tech 3-2
  12. Best books to prepare for GATE exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Cochin University B.Tech in Civil Engineering-8th Sem-Advanced Design of Structures Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. What topics to prepare for GATE Exam? Type of Questions asked in GATE Exam?
  15. When should I start preparing for GATE exam and how to prepare for it?
  16. Backlogs in 8th semester of btech, whether to wait for re-evaluation result or sit for placements?
  17. Cochin University B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering-8th Sem-Biomedical Instrumentation Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. What is the future of a CS engineer?
6th January 2011, 08:02 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE exam while preparing for university exams (8th sem btech)?

Well, since you are in 2nd year now,there is enough time for you to prepare well and you can start from this very day.And for the preparation,you should know the basics of your subjects thoroughly since the questions are in objective type and now this year online exam has been introduced too..
You can go also for coaching in your extra time.
Since you are in cse dept. I advise you to refer this:
GATE BOOK,SATYA PRAKASHAN publications,new delhi.Its a good book explaining all the concepts in detail and the previous year questions papers.
6th January 2011, 08:32 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE exam while preparing for university exams (8th sem btech)?

dear friend,
GATE is not so tough as you think if you will be in regular practice then you will definately acheive good marks,
improve your basics concept about all topic and also remain in touch with those book which provide you the detail of gate.
gate sylabus is same as you learn in whole semester, divide your time in two category:-
one for university exam and other for gate ,spend more time for university paper and less more gate. BE PUNCTUAL AND CONCENTRATE,by doing so you can surely acheive your goel.
all the best
6th January 2011, 09:57 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

well my advice to you is first you prepare for your university exam well and then you can go for gate preparation as you still have 2years to finish your course...don't worry friend,you will be able to do well in gate exam...all you need to for now is do your university exam well and than you can think of gate...all you need to do is believe in your self and have patience...everything will be fine at times...for reference you can refer to this books...
1.Gate Guide Life Science Chemistry & General Aptitude (Compulsory)
By Gk
2.Gate Guide Life Sciences Micro Biology
By Gkp
3.Gate Guide Life Science Zoology
By Kumar
they are available in books stores and also you can search in your college library....
BEST OF LUCK
6th January 2011, 10:03 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Post Re: How to prepare for GATE exam while preparing for university exams (8th sem btech)?

You have plenty of time tp prepare for GATE Entrance Exam.
First of all get your fundamentals correct because in exam your fundamentals will be checked.
Questions are derivations of fundamentals.Do test your fundamentals after preparing it.
Practise some Mock Test so that you can know where do you stand in competition.
Coaching class will be required by you.Do not join any coaching class randomly.Get in contact with some one who has cleared GATE so that you can know about which coaching class you should join.
Also get previous years question papers.
Get some books which could be helpfull to you.
Solve maximum no of problems.Think about some tricks to crack exam.
Solve questions after reading single chapter from text books.
Solve lots of problems.
Number of questions discussed is not that important. By discussing and solving 10-15 conceptual questions on each topic you can build a good application capability. On the other hand solving many tricky non-conceptual questions will simply waste your time.
Self-study & Self-Test are required very much.

You can visit the site for extra information about Gate as it will be helpfull to you
http://way2freshers.com/tag/gate-preparation-books

Best of LUck!!!!!!!!!!
6th January 2011, 11:36 PM
saswata06

Read your branch papers and mathematics thoroughly.Also prepare for the aptitude and reasoning part.
7th January 2011, 12:14 AM
bikenindia

Hello Arpit,

Yes, GATE exam is very very important. But for now, i want you to concentrate in your 8th sem as it is very very important for your degree.

Some of the best recommended books for GATE are

1. GATE 2011- RK Kanodia
2. Shakthi publications, etc

All the best.
Thank you.
7th January 2011, 01:05 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

see, you can prepare for GATE exam in two ways while preparing for university exams (8th sem btech).

1.through self study.

2.through coaching.

you may take coaching in the giiven below coaching centre

1.gateforum.

2.ellite.

it will be better if you practice previous year question papers.

you can get previous years questions in the given below sites

1.www.onestopgate.com.

2.http://www.gateforum.com/GATE_solutions.php.

you can also follow the most popular G.K publication book for GATE exam.

all the best............
7th January 2011, 10:55 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...
the gate exam is held in the month of February and the university exam would be generally held in the month of April or may,
so i wold advice you to prepare for gate exam completely now and you can concentrate on the university exam after the gate exam and two months is more than enough for university exam
all the best
7th January 2011, 11:32 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Remember you dont need any special coaching for this ... subjects which were taught in last four semesters are very important. Keep revising them in holidays.
7th January 2011, 01:18 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpit chaos View Post
i am a computer engineering student in pune university ,second year.how to prepare for gate exam(8th sem) while preparing for our univ. exams?

Hi,

You just prepare for your University exams carefully and remember the important concepts for future. It will be easy to revise before the GATE exam. Refer GK publications for GATE preparation.
7th January 2011, 02:53 PM
rihhu
Member+

hiiii
clearing gate while preparaing for gate is not difficult
it all depends upon managment of time and how far u know the concepts
as you are in second yr you have plenty of time
try to give time to gate as well as to your subjects
give more concentration on objective type questions
read all gate related books
all the best
it is not difficult
7th January 2011, 11:40 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

to prepare for GATE exam while preparing for university exams (8th sem btech)
there is enough time for you to prepare well and you can start from this very day.And for the preparation,you should know the basics of your subjects thoroughly since the questions are in objective type and now this year online exam has been introduced too..
You can go also for coaching in your extra time.
Since you are in cse dept. I advise you to refer this:
GATE BOOK,SATYA PRAKASHAN publications,new delhi.Its a good book explaining all the concepts in detail and the previous year questions papers.

good luck.
28th February 2011, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am a student of b.tech 1 year.sir i want to know that studying uptu university course well is sufficient for gate exam
14th March 2011, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

hello friends,this is Aman Arora persuing B.E frm electronics and comm.(ec) 1st yr.
I want to prepare for GATE from my first year.Plz suggest me imp. books for my field and imp things for gate preparation.
Thanks to all...
10th April 2011, 12:22 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

hii,

first of all your 8 sem is very very important, as it counts for your degree, then spare some time if you find for GATE remember you need to start from 1 sem maths till 6 sem slowly, you need to pick up and spare time for all subjects, start as soon as you can, solve papers, and GATE requires serious preparation for 6 months to cover all topics. try best of luck.
10th April 2011, 01:33 PM
yera

You will have to adjust your time.
So, for this I suggest you to take postal pacakage of gate preparotary material so that you can save your time.

In gate exam syllabus is almost same as in your B.tech programme.
one year preparation is enough for gate exam.

Only by spending 3 hours daily to completing gate exam syllabus is enough for scoring high.
22nd April 2011, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me the strategies to prepare for GATE and efficient method to remember all the subjects at atime.. I study all the subjects but not able to remember it at one time.
6th July 2011, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

hello! i am T.E. electrical student(5th sem, pune univ.). please suggest me books for GATE preparation.
i wnat to appear in 2012, so is 6 manths span sufficient for me to prepare and do well in GATE exam? please guide me.

yours faithfully,
Devashree Joshi
23rd July 2011, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

I am student of E&C enge. in first year. Please sir refer me books for tackling the gates exam and advice for same.
16th August 2011, 12:56 PM
sgsharadgupta

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpit chaos View Post

Friend if you are a 2nd year guy and you have to give exam in 8th sem then you have lot of time to prepare...preparing for gate will help you to do good in your academics also....go through one or two past gate paper and have better look on important subjects...
regards,
sharad
6th September 2011, 01:06 AM
yash448

GATE ask questions upto 5th sem syllabus .
so focus only on that.......give fix time to all.
8th sem result does'nt play any role ...........minimum demand is to pass 8th sem...because GATE require hard work ,if you really want
to crack GATE then startyour preparation now.
31st October 2011, 06:40 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is conducted for Engineers or Graduates for taking an admission into PG called M'tech course .

Guidelines for Preparing for GATE Examination :

~ Firstly before start Preparation for this , once you refer Previous Years GATE Question Papers .

~Try to solve those Questions , by doing this you will come to know in which you are lagging by subject and in which you are updated , so that you can prepare more on those topics in which you are lagged back .

~ Download the Syllabus for this Examination and start working on that .

~ After a glance on the syllabus , you prepare a Schedule of your own depending on your time management .

~ Be serious on your SCHEDULE and work on it every day .

~ Daily Preparation is very good , in order to secure a good rank .

~ Have a good knowledge on your Core subjects .

~ Concentrate more on Logic based Questions , because most of the questions are based on Logics .

~ Collect GATE books from Libraries or Stationary and keep working on them .

~ Or else if you have any of your friends who are going to GATE institute then take their GATE Materials and once refer them to test your knowledge .

The Exam will be carried out in the month of Feb and last date for applying through online is 24th Oct 2011 .

So you have many days to prepare if you are appearing for 2011 GATE Examination .

Good Luck !!!
2nd June 2012, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for gate exam? m a second year student of biomedical engineering.
5th June 2012, 01:25 AM
mnbgvs

BOOKS FOR GATE PREPRATION

1.Fundamentals Of Data Structures

2.Data Structures Using C And C++ (2nd Edition)

3.Data Structures And Algorithms Analysis In 'C'

4.COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT (GATE Solved Papers)

5.DBMS Database management

6.Networks And Systems

7.Computer Networks Computer Networks by Andrew S. Tanenbaum

8.Computer Architecture Computer Organization and Architecture by William

9.Multiple Choice Questions Multiple Choice Questions By Timothy Williams

10.Exercises on Relational Database Theory Author Hugh Darwen This is the exercise

11.An Introduction to Relational Database Theory Author Hugh Darwen

You will prepare it from now and concentrate more on the topic which are weak.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?