26th May 2012, 07:56 PM
shareef85

How to prepare for Indian Economic Service exam?

how to prepare for indian economic service exam...please give me tips to do so

Related Questions:
  1. How should I prepare for Indian Economic Service exam? I am doing PG in Economics
  2. Best coaching centre in Kolkata for Indian Forest Service and Indian Economic Service? How to prepare for them?
  3. How to prepare for Indian Economic Service exam?
  4. Where should I prepare for Indian Economics Service exam?
  5. Eligibility to appear in Indian Economic Service exam for M.Com in A.B.S.T student?
  6. Detailed information, procedure and eligibility to apply in Indian Economic Service exam for M.Sc(Economics) postgraduate?
  7. How should I prepare for Indian Economic Service exam? I am a BA economics student
  8. How can I prepare myself for Indian economic Service Examination? Last 10 years question papers with books to be referred?
  9. Study material required to prepare for Indian Economic Service examination?
  10. Which Service has more impact in society among Indian Economic Service and Indian Administrative Service? Pros & Cons of both Services?
  11. How to crack Indian Economic service entrance exam?
  12. Indian Economic Service examination previous year question papers
  13. Does UPSC conducts Indian Economic Service exam every year? How many seats are there?
  14. Last 5 years previous papers of indian economic service exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I appear for Indian Economic Service if done B.Sc Economics through distance education?
  16. Detailed procedure and recruitment exam to join Indian Economic Service for a postgraduate? -- [New]
  17. Ssolved indian economic service examination papers?
  18. Indian Economic Service Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
1st June 2012, 01:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for Indian Economic Service exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shareef85 View Post
how to prepare for indian economic service exam...please give me tips to do so

Indian Economic Services Examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year and to apply for this examination you have to complete Post graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics course from a recognized University.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for reserved category.

If you want to go for Indian Economics Service exam , so don't worry .I have provide some Question paper .Prepare well to all this paper very well with the help of some valuable books or you can prepare your study books also.

For more details about Indian Economic Services exam , click on the link http://www.upsc.gov.in

1st June 2012, 03:30 PM
lakshmi dhana

HAI...

syllabus for IES exam:

Indian Economic Service Exam Books

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts various competitive examinations for recruitment of competent candidates to serve in various departments of the Government of India. Indian Economic Service (IES) exam is held every year by UPSC to recruit Grade IV officers for the Indian Economic Services. To be eligible to appear for IES exam, the candidates must have successfully completed postgraduate degree from a recognized university in Economics/ Business Economics/ Applied Economics / Econometrics. To prepare well for Indian Economic Service Examination, a good collection of study material is essential. The lists of the exam books and guides for IES exam are enlisted below.

UPSC Indian Economic Service Examination Study Material

General English:

For general English refer to Arihant General English by C S Gupta

Arihant - General English for All Competitive Examinations (In English)

General Studies:

For General Studies a regular reading of good Magazines and good General Knowledge book of Upkar is adequate.

General Economics-I:

For Micro: Koutsoyyiannis, Ahuja or any other good book
For Macro: Shapiro, Dornbusch and Fischer, Ahuja
Referring to Books of Class 11th and 12th NCERT Maths book is also necessary
Refer Class 12th book of CBSE for National Income Accounting

General Economics-II:

For Monetary topics refer to SB Gupta (For both) RBI Report and M L Jhingan
For International Economics prescribe Mannur, Soderston or any other book
For Growth and Development refer to Baldwin, Meir and M L Jhingan and go through any one or two latest book of Amratya Sen
For Statistics refer to Class 11th and 12th NCERT books as well as some chapters of any graduation level statistics book or Gujarati-Econometrics book

General Economics-III:

For Public Finance refer to Bhatia and one good book of foreign author Indian
For Economy refer to the Planning chapters of Uma Kapila
For Environmental Economics refer to various books on topic wise coverage

Indian Economics:

For Indian Economy refer to books by Dutt and Sundaram, Mishra & Puri, A N Agrawala, Uma Kapila
Thorough study of Economic Survey of last two years, Budget of3 years is very important and latest two Monetary & Credit Policy (mid term and annual), Latest data about CRR, SLR and Repos rate should be known
Intensive study on different reports like Human Development Report, World Development Reports (available on net) and many other good reports including report and papers by United Nations Environment Programme will help in GE-III paper, as questions are highly unconventional in paper III of Economics.

Go through these books for your preparation of IES....

OFFICIAL WEB:http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
2nd September 2012, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

sir
myself joyeeta sen, M.Sc in economics. i want to answer IES exam.,so please tell me how should i prepare for this exam and please send me last 10 years question papers to my email id. my email id is [email protected].
8th September 2012, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

I am Ashok kumar Bag from orissa . I am pursuing my graduation in economics at Barpali College which is under Sambalpur university . I want to be an IES officer . So I request you to suggest me the strategy what I should follow to be an IES officer . My gmail id is [email protected]
12th September 2012, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

sir
maine m.a economics se kiya he aur me ies ka exam quilify karna chahti par me hindi medium se hu please ap muje bataye ki ies ka exam
hindi medium bhi hota kiya aur me kese prepare karu please bataye
mera id [email protected]
12th September 2012, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

mene m.a economics se kiya he me ies officer banna chahti hu aur mene hindi medium se m.a kiya he kiya ies exam pattern hindi me ata
he kiya
aur me kese prepare karu
id [email protected]
3rd October 2012, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

sir i m from rural area of maharashtra&want to prepare this exam.sir pls tell me how to start study & which books i reffer this time.i m m.a eco student .pls tell me about books &magzin my email is [email protected]
15th October 2012, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

plz tell me the best books for IES
27th October 2012, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

I have complited my graduation.how can i applied this job.
24th November 2012, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

i m ankit verma i m completed m.com with 42% can i take this exam.
plz. email [email protected]
26th November 2012, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

wat shuld i do for my pg shuld i go for mater in business economics or ma economics from ignou my id is [email protected]
26th November 2012, 10:41 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

IES exam is neither a very tough exam nor so easy. If you are doing a planed study then i am sure that you will crack this exam.
Tips For Cracking exam is
1. Be confident
2. never think negative thinking in your mind
3. read news paper daily. reading newspaper is very beneficial for you because you cover a lot of awareness from this.
4. be regular that means continuity in your study is very important part of your preparation.
5. make a friend circle where you can discuss your problem related to IES exam syllbus

best of luck
27th November 2012, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

I am Rakesh Halder I have done my B.A Economics and doing M.A Economics
and i prepare for I.E.S exam. but i live in south Andaman .please tell me can i written exam in this island.
18th April 2013, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

sir i did masters in commerce i do have economics as a subject so can i write ies exam
19th April 2013, 02:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for Indian Economics Services Examination if you have Masters in the Economics subject.

The candidates who are having Post graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics can apply for Indian Economic Services Examination.

The age limit for this examination is 21 to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC Category is available.

Exam Pattern:

The examination is divided into two Parts.

Part I which carries 1000 marks and will have questions from General English, General Studies, General Economics I, II and III and Indian Economics.

Part II will be Viva-Voce of those who have cleared the cut off marks in Part I. It will carry 200 marks.

Hence be prepared for the examination if you want to succeed.

For more information download the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ISS.pdf(116.7 KB, 194 views)
30th June 2013, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

sir i have done MA in economics from ignou...can i apply for IES exam
12th January 2014, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am 30 in 2014,IES is my dream job,sir can i prepare it in this 6 month. i am preparing for other competitive job.please sir ans me in my mail-id [email protected]
24th February 2014, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

For the published by unique publication unique quintersence of indian economic service please refer this book also the book written by G .k.chopra
7th April 2014, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir plzzz send me last 5 y1 question paper for ies ..my email id is [email protected]...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?