17th October 2019, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for the Statistics entrance exam of M.Sc Statistics?

Hi, I wan to do M.Sc Statistics for which I have to write an entrance exam. So, how should I plan my studies timing? What would be the best way to prepare for the entrance?

15th November 2019, 05:27 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for the Statistics entrance exam of M.Sc Statistics?

M.Sc in Statistics is a 2 year Post Graduation course being offered by many of the colleges in India.

The admission for this course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance exam.

Each and every University will conduct its own Entrance Exam to give admission for M.Sc Statistics course.

You did not mention whether you have completed your Graduation or pursuing Graduation.

If you are pursuing Graduation, I would suggest you to start preparation for the Entrance Exam for the final year of your Graduation.

If possible, you can join in Coaching Institute and attend for the classes. Their teaching is exactly towards the Entrance Exam and makes your preparation so easy.

Though you don't join Coaching Institute, I would suggest you to collect previous year question papers and model question papers and observe the way how the questions are being asked and identify the areas from where more questions are being asked.

Prepare a study plan accordingly and spend at least 2-3 hrs of time in your day towards preparation.

Mock Exam papers will be available in online, also some private publishers release mode papers.

Attempt them and try to enhance your score gradually.

These tips will help you a lot to get good rank in the Entrance Exam.
5th May 2020, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare the way of MSc statistics entrance exam
7th May 2020, 02:37 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

M.Sc. Statistics is a 3-year postgraduate course, the minimum eligibility for admission to which is the completion of B.A. (Honors)/ B.Sc.(Honors) in Statistics or Mathematics, or graduation in a related discipline from a recognized university.

Before starting your exam preparation, refer to Mathematical Statistics (MS) paper of IIT JAM exam. More importance must be given to the Statistics part of the question paper, as it carries 60% weightage. After checking the syllabus, separate the Mathematics and Statistics part.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?