3rd July 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for AIIMS? I am in 11th standard

i am in standard 11 and want to know how should i start my preparations and continue. what are the books i can refer etc.....

4th July 2012, 08:21 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for AIIMS? I am in 11th standard

For any medical aspirates All India Institute of Medical Sciences is the place to go. Every year more than 5 Lakh candidates appear for the entrance exam of All India Institute of Medical Sciences. However only 72 manages to make the cut.

Out of the total 72 seats only 37 are for general students, 16 belongs to SC and ST while 19 are reserved for OBC candidates.

There are total 200 questions in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences entrance exam. Each candidate is given 3 hours and 3 minutes to complete the test. Questions are taken from four subjects

Physics - 60 questions

Chemistry - 60 questions

Biology - 60 questions

GK - 20 questions

How to Prepare

Since you are in 11th standard, I would recommend you to join any good coaching classes. Coaching Centers will get you ready to compete with studends from all across India. At the same time these centers will create a schedule for you to follow on daily/weekly basis.

You need to practice and practice hard. Try to solve at least 50 to 100 questions everyday as part of your preparation for All India Institute of Medical Sciences entrance Exam.

Get you hands on as many as old exam papers as you can get. Its a well known fact that around 30 per cent questions are taken from the old exam papers.

Try to buy all the necessary books related to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences exam that would help you in preparation for the exam.

Remember that around 20 questions are taken from GK. Sometimes students take GK questions so lightly that they don't even prepare for it. This is the biggest mistake one can make. Polish your general knowledge before appearing for the exam. GK questions are generally taken from the major events in the last one year. Here is another tip for you, at least couple of questions would be related to Nobel Prize and related awards.

Some useful books are:

AIIMS 2004 Nov by Sumer Sethi and Siddhartha Sethi

Mtg AIIMS Explorer

Ramesh AIIMS Prev Solved Papers

Edusys Advanced Explorer AIIMS

Prakash Objective Zoology by Dr. Naresh Kumar and Mrs. Jaishree Malik

Pradeep Objective Physics Vol. I and II by K. L. Gomber & K. L. Gogia

Khurmi Assertion and Reason for AIIMS by N. Khurmi

1st February 2013, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How should I prepare for AIIMS? I am in 11th standard

ARE THESE BOOKS SUFFICIENT FOR PREPARATION?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?