24th April 2013, 11:19 PM
jaitech

How should I prepare for engineering services exam?

Sir,
I am preparing for engineering services exams . I have done B. tech in mechanical Engg. in 2004 . Now i am working in Govt sector. kindly suggest me what remedial measures we should follow..................?

31st August 2015, 08:23 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for engineering services exam?

Engineering Services examination or Indian Engineering Services examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year. This exam is conducted in four streams only:

>>Civil Engineering.

>>Mechanical Engineering.

>>Electrical Engineering.

>>Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.

So being a mechanical engineer, you can apply for this exam through mechanical engineering stream. The age limit for the exam is 21-30 years and upper age relaxations applicable to candidates of reserved category. So male sure that you satisfy the age criteria for the exam.

Just follow the simple tips to crack the exam:

>>First of all brush up your concepts as you did your bachelor of technology in mechanical engineering long ago. Go through your basic books of different subjects of mechanical engineering.

>>You can also join coaching institute for better preparation in weekends. MADE EASY is one of the best institute for preparation. See the previous years papers and solve after reading different subjects to gain confidence.

>>Do hard work by following a particular routine and following it. Revision should be done at regular intervals for better knowledge. Join test series in the end of preparation for better performance in the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?