15th July 2012, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

How should I take up IPS exam?

i dont know how to take ips exam can please help me

16th July 2012, 12:04 PM
JustShashank

Lightbulb Re: How should I take up IPS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To become an IPS officer you have to give UPSC civil services exam same as that for IAS.Seats are reserved in the exam for IAS,IPS,etc.

But you must be within 21-30yrs for general category(with extention for reserved groups.).

Also you must have acquired any bachelors degree,be it in engineering,agriculture,chemistry,maths,botany,zoo logy,etc. from any recognised university.

Height – Male 165 cm
Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm
Pahari Female *(general also) & ST(not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/ 12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No nherent night blindness. Vision should inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124 age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127

Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

These are the requirements of an IPS officer.

Thank you!!!!;-)
16th July 2012, 12:59 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How should I take up IPS exam?

To become a Indian Police Service Officer,you should apply for civil service exam and you should clear the exam with good score.
Civil service exam is conduct by Union Public Service Commission every year once.There are 23 service post under civil service exam that are

>>Indian Administrative Service
>>Indian Police Service
>>Indian Foreign Service
>>Indian Revenue Officer
>>Indian Defence Accountant Officer ...etc

This Service post are assign to the candidate according to their score in civil service exam.

Civil service exam consist of three levels of examination that are:
>>Preliminary exam
>>Main Exam
>>Interview

Preliminary exam notification will release in the month of February every year and exam will held on May month every year.After clearing this preliminary exam,then only you are eligible for Main exam and interview.

Eligibility criteria for Civil service exam:
You should have completed minimum graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university and your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

For more details,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 98 views)
16th July 2012, 02:54 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer you have to first complete Graduation and apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

To be eligible for IPS Civil Service exam, you must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University and should be within the age of 21 to 30 years of age with upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years and for OBC candidate up to 3 years with good Physical Fitness.

For IPS aspiring candidate there is a minimum Physical requirementas prescribed:-

HEIGHT:-

For General Male-165cm and Female-150cm
For SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:-

For Male-85cm and Female-79cm and expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection is through two stages written exam followed by Personal Interview.

The candidate applying for Civil Service exam is called for the Preliminary Exam called as CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test) during the first stage of selection.

In the second stage the candidate selected from the first stage is called for to appear for the Civil Service Main Exam.

And in the final stage the candidate selected from the Main Exam is called for a personal interview. The selected candidate has to undergo a Physical Fitness Test before finally selected for training as IPS officer.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th July 2012, 03:16 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Civil services ---India

one can become an IPS officer ,one needs to give IAS Entrance exam which is conducted by union public service commission (UPSC) every year.By giving the entrance exam for Civil services one can join as administrative officer in and out of India.

By giving IAS exam one can join---

>>Indian Foreign services
>>Indian police services
>>other administrative positions like Deputy collector and other top administrativer positions in the country.

for become IPS that is Indian police services officer,you are required to give IAS exam for which the Eligibility criteria is mentioned below..........

Educational qualifications

~you should be a graduaute from any branch whether science,or commerce or arts from a recognized university.

~candidates in their final year of Graduation can apply for this exam,also candidates having graduation as well.

age limit

~the age limit is 21 to 28 years for general candidates to appear in this examination.

~for SC/ST there is a relaxation of further 5 years as far as age is concerned.

~for OBC'S-there ia a 3 years relaxation more than the general candidates.

no.of attempts

~for general, maximum 4 attempts are there to appear in this examination.

~for OBC candidates maximum 7 attempts are there to appear in this examination.

~FOr SC/ST-UN-limited chances within age limit.

selection proces

>>preliminary exam

>>mains exam

>>interview

physical criteria

so, you can become an IPS officer by giving the IAS exam and then passing all the three stages of the examinations

hope this helped............

for more visit:::::CLICK HERE

with regards
roknits
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?