14th February 2016, 01:20 AM
Anshul Arora 8

How to study Astrophysics after passing class 12th? Entrance exams and colleges in India?

How to study Astrophysics after passing class 12th? When is the entrance exam and which are the colleges for Astrophysics in India ?

Related Questions:
  1. How to study Astrophysics after passing class 12th? When is the entrance exam and which are the colleges for Astrophysics in India
  2. List of universities which offer M.Sc(Astrophysics) to B.Sc(Physics) candidate in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
  3. Percentage needed in board and CET exam to study astrophysics?
  4. List of colleges in India from where I can become a Cosmologist?
  5. List of colleges offering M.Sc(Astrophysics) in Abroad to B.E.(ECE) student? Should I have to appear in any entrance exam?
  6. Procedure to study astrophysics after class 12th?
  7. List of colleges which offer M.Sc(Astrophysics) to B.Sc candidate in US? Procedure to get admission?
  8. How can I study M.Sc(Astrophysics) being a B.Sc(Applied Physics) candidate? Minimum marks required to get admission? List of colleges in India?
  9. Entrance exam, eligibility and procedure to get admission in colleges offering Astrophysics course in India?
  10. Which is the best institution in India to study astrophysics? How is the scope for astrophysics in India?
  11. Which are the entrance tests related to Astronomy or Astrophysics? Is there any online Astronomy class? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Colleges in India offering B.Tech in Astrophysics? Entrance exams and eligibility criteria?
  13. Percentage required to enter in Astrophysics? Which universities are offering such course in India?
  14. Any colleges in India, America, Canada, Australia, Singapore offering B.Tech Astrophysics?
  15. Can I study M.Sc in Astrophysics if pursue B.Sc in Physics?
  16. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for Masters in Astrophysics?
  17. How to opt for Astrophysics while doing class 11th?
  18. List of colleges which offer B.Sc(Astrophysics) in India? Qualification required to get admission?
14th February 2016, 06:46 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study Astrophysics after passing class 12th? Entrance exams and colleges in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anshul Arora 8 View Post
How to study Astrophysics after passing class 12th? When is the entrance exam and which are the colleges for Astrophysics in India ?
Some of the top institutes to pursue Astrophysics course in India are:
  • Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bengaluru
  • Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
  • BITS, Pilani
  • Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Pune
  • Osmania University, Hyderabad
  • Punjab University, Chandigarh

For admission in IIA, Bangalore, you will have to qualify IIAST Exam.

Recently, IIAST Exam was conducted on 12th December, 2015.

Important Dates for IIAST were:
Last Date to apply: 20 Nov 2015
Commencement of IIA Exam: 12th December 2015
Results Declaration: 18th December 2015

Notifications of next IIAST will release in November, 2016.

While for admission in BIT Pilani, you will have to qualify BITSAT Exam.

Upcoming BITSAT Exam will be commencing from 14 to 28 May 2016.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?