11th December 2012, 05:54 AM
Unregistered

How to take admission in M.A Political Science?

Sir,I want to take admission in m.a.(pol science).after completing this course,can i apply this certificate in government jobs?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do Ph.D in Political Science after doing BA and PG in Master in Business Administration(HR)? Procedure to get admission?
  2. Will it be possible to do MA in Political Science without BA in Political science?
  3. How to get admission in Ph.D in Political Science after completing M.A in Political Science from University of Mumbai?
  4. How get admission in PH.D in political science? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. procedure to get admission in M.A Political Science in KIK? Fee structure for the same?
  6. Minimum percentage to get admission in M.Phil Political science at Netaji Open university?
  7. Does Jawaharlal Nehru University offer B.A. in Political Science honours? Minimum percentage required for the admission?
  8. How to do M.Phil Political Science after post graduating in Political Science?
  9. Syllabus of Political Science? Which books are to be referred for Political Science so that I can pursue M.A from renowned university?
  10. Is it possible to do M.A. political science after B.A. economics?
  11. How to join M.Phil in Political Science in Correspondence in Pune University after completion of Post Graduation in Political Science?
  12. Am I eligible to get admission in DU for B.A.(H) in Political Science if secured 83% in 12th Science from CBSE Board? Is it beneficial to take Arts in graduation for 12th Science student?
  13. Age limit for becoming a lecturer in College? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Details about MA(Political Science) from IGNOU?
  15. How to take admission in TYBA political science?
  16. List of colleges which offer B.A.(Political Science) in Indore? Job opportunities for Political Science graduate? -- [New]
  17. Which are the best books for M.A Political Science?
  18. Syllabus of Hindi Lecturer in HTET?
11th December 2012, 01:24 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to take admission in M.A Political Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,I want to take admission in m.a.(pol science).after completing this course,can i apply this certificate in government jobs?
Dear,

MA in political science is a post graduation course which is a two year course. You can take admission in this course after completing your graduation. There are many colleges that offer this course. They are:

Universities:
  1. Delhi University
  2. Aligarh University
  3. Jawaharlal Nehru University
  4. Osmania University
  5. Pondicherry University
  6. Allahabad University
  7. Distance Learning course from IGNOU

Colleges:
  1. Abhinav Institute of Technology & Management Maharashtra
  2. Acharya Narendra Dev Nagar Nigam Mahila Mahavidyalaya Uttar Pradesh
  3. Adarsh Mahavidyalaya, Omerga North Maharashtra University Maharashtra
  4. Aditi Mahavidyalaya University of Delhi Delhi
  5. Alphonsa College Mahatma Gandhi University Kerala
  6. Andhra Universitie's College of Arts & Commerce Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University Andhra Pradesh
  7. Andhra University School of Distance Education Andhra University Andhra Pradesh
  8. Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College University of Delhi Delhi
  9. Axiom Institute of Management And Technology (aimt) Ghaziabad Gautam Buddh Technical University (Formerly UPTU) Uttar Pradesh
  10. B.n. Post Graduate College Mohanlal Sukhadia University Rajasthan
  11. Baba Raghavdas Bhagwandas Degree College Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gorakhpur University Uttar Pradesh
  12. Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University Uttar Pradesh
  13. Badri Vishal PG College Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University Uttar Pradesh
  14. Banasthali University Banasthali Vidhyapith Rajasthan
  15. Banasthali Vidyapith Banasthali Vidhyapith Rajasthan
  16. Berhampur University Berhampur University Orissa

Admission procedure for different college is different. Some of the colleges like Delhi university and Allahabad university take admission on merit basis in which at least 50% is required in graduation.
Also in some colleges like Jamia islamia university you need to qualify entrance exam which will contain questions from following topics:
  1. B.A.(H) Political Science UGC model syllabus
  2. General knowledge and current events
  3. Constitution, Government and politics in India

All the best!
11th December 2012, 01:32 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Those candidate have secured minimum 50% marks in his/her graduation re eligible for M.A.
Colleges Offering M.A.Degree Course
1. Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College, Ghatkopar , Mumbai – 400 086.

2. S.S. and L.S. Patkar College of Arts & Science
Goregaon, Mumbai – 400 062.

3. Art, Science and Commerce College, Panvel, Dist. Raigad – 410 206.

4. Birla College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Kalyan, Dist. Thane – 421 304.

5.Kunte Commerce College, Alibag, Dist. Raigad – 402 201.

6. The Janseva Shikshan Mandal�s Arts, Science & Commerce College, Shivle, Taluka Murbad, Dist.– Thane.

7. Kankavli College, Kankavli, Dist. Sindhudurg – 416 602.

8. N.K.Varadkar College of Arts & V.R. Belose College of Commerce, At-Kalkai Kond, Dapoli, Dist.,Ratnagiri – 415 712.

9. Seva Sadan�s R.K. Talreja College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Ulhasnagar, Dist. Thane – 421 003.

10. R.P. Gogate College of Arts, Science and R.V. Joglekar College of Commerce, Ratnagiri, Dist.,Ratnagiri – 415 612.

11. Sonubhau Baswant College of Arts & Commerce, Near Government Godown, Savroli Road, Shahapur, Dist.-Thane – 421 601

12. Dr. Patangrao Kadam Arts And Commerce College, Pen, Dist.– Raigad.

13. Sonopant Dandekar Arts College, V.S. Apte Commerce and M.H. Mehta Science College, Khare Kuran
11th December 2012, 02:27 PM
siddjain93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear friend,

M.A. in Political Science Stands for Master of Arts in Political Science. It is a two-year postgraduate course in which you have to study about the theory and practice of political science and the complete detailed description and analysis of political system of India and political behaviour of the India as well as the world. It is a field of social science that deals with the theory and practice of politics and political systems.

This course is very much popular in India. There are various colleges in India which offers M.A. course in Political science. Some colleges offers admission on the basis of marks scored in Graduation or you can say merit based where as some high level college offers admission on the basis of their own entrance exam. After completing Master of Arts in Political Science course, one can go for fellow research or you can also join civil services, or any Newspaper or any organization as a political journalist.

In order to join M.A. course in Political science you first you have to complete your graduation. You can complete your Graduation in any stream.The duration of this course is two years. In this course you have to study the subjects like Indian Constitution, Fundamental Rights and Duties, Principles of State Policy, Constitutional Amendment, Functions of Rajya Sabha & Lok Sabha and Judicial Structure.

There is a good scope of Political science course. After completing Master's degree in political science you can make your career in federal, state and local governments, law, international organizations, business, nonprofit associations and organizations, campaign management and polling, journalism, collegiate education, electoral politics, research and university and college teaching.

After completing Master of Science in Political Science you can make your bright career in the following fields:-

Law Enforcement Agencies
Political Office Holders
Field Research Firms
Lobbying Firms
Publishing Firms
Law Firms
Marketing Research Firms
Consulting Firms
Political Organizations
Businesses

Colleges offering M.A. in Political Science:-

University of Burdwan, Directorate of Distance Education,Bardhaman - Master of Arts In Political Science
University of Kalyani - Master of Arts in Political Science
University of Kerala, Institute of Distance Education - Kariavattom - Master of Arts In Political Science
University of Kerala, Institute of Distance Education - Kariavattom - Master of Arts In Political Science
University of Lucknow - Master of Arts in Political Science
Utkal University, Directorate of Distance and Continuing Education - Master of Arts In Poltical Science
Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU) - Master of Arts In Political Science
Z.A. Islamic College - Master Of Arts in Political Science
Zakir Hussain College - Master of Arts in Political Science
North Eastern Hill University - Master of Arts in Political Science
North Maharashtra University - Master of Arts in Political Science
NSS Hindu College - Master Of Arts In Political Science
Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University - Master of Arts in Political Science
Pandit Sundarlal Sharma Open University - Master of Arts in Political Science
Post Graduate College - Secunderabad - Master of Arts in Political Science
R.S. Bidkar Arts, Commerce & Science College - Master Of Arts in Political Science
Rabindra Bharati University - Master of Arts in Political Science
Rajendra College - Chapra - Master of Arts in Political Science
S.S.Jain Subodh P.G.College - Master Of Arts in Political Science
Sadguru Gadge Maharaj College - Master of Arts in Political Science
11th December 2012, 02:54 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,

you want to take admission in MA POLITICAL SCIENCE , you have not mention that which city or where you want to take admission then i can list that particular institutes eligibility criteria , but still i am providing you the basic eligibility for taking admission in M.A. POLITICAL SCIENCE ;

ELIGIBILITY :-

YOU MUST HAVE COMPLETED B.A. IN POLITICAL SCIENCE WITH MINIMUM 50% OF MARKS FROM ANY RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY.

LIST OF COLLEGES OFFERING MA. POLITICAL SCIENCE ARE AS FOLLOWS :-

Aditi Mahavidyalaya , DELHI

Khalsa College , Amritsar

University of Delhi ,Delhi

University of Lucknow, LUCKNOW

Rabindra Bharati University, CALCUTTA

Mahatma Gandhi University ,KERALA

CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY , CALCUTTA

Dibrugarh University ,ASSAM

Dav College ,Punjab

Dayanand Anglo Vedic Colleg , Uttarakhand

Dayanand Brajendra Swaroop College ,Uttar Pradesh

......BEST WISHES.....
11th December 2012, 07:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you want to do M.A in Political sciences then you must have done Graduation in following subjects:

B.A. (Hons.) Examination in Political Science from recognised University

OR

B.A.(H) in Humanities & Social Science including Journalism & Mass Communication / L.L.B. / Education / History / Sociology / Geography / English /Literature/Modern Indian Languages / Psychology / Philosophy / B.El.Ed. from a recognised University.

There are many universities offering this course you can apply when they announce the admission.

The admission will be based on entrance exam or on the basis of marks in graduation. It will depend on the reputation of the university. If the university is top then entrance will be there other wise admission will be direct.

Most of the government jobs required graduation and if you are graduate then you can still apply for government jobs based on your degree. Exams like IAS, CGLE, CDS , Bank PO and clerk are available for graduates.

Hence government jobs are many but you have to beat the competition.
11th December 2012, 08:03 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

There are good universities which give admission in M.A political sciences even if the student doesn’t have good percentage.

The percentage criteria for admission of the course is 45% and above from a recognized university.

If you have the eligibility criteria then you can take admission for sure.

Few of the universities which offer the course are as follows:

Delhi University

Aligarh University

Osmania University

Allahabad University

And many other universities……….

Thank you,

All the best.
15th December 2012, 11:59 PM
RAM .

Welcome *******

COLLEGES OFFERING MA. POLITICAL SCIENCE ARE AS FOLLOWS :-
CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY , CALCUTTA

Khalsa College , Amritsar

University of Delhi ,Delhi

University of Lucknow, LUCKNOW

Aditi Mahavidyalaya , DELHI

Rabindra Bharati University, CALCUTTA

Mahatma Gandhi University ,KERALA

Dibrugarh University ,ASSAM

Dav College ,Punjab

Dayanand Anglo Vedic Colleg , Uttarakhand
9th May 2013, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

sir l have apply for m a in pol. science from aligarh muslim university when did the entrance exam.take place
26th May 2013, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus for ma in political science and ma in history from delhi university
10th June 2013, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Which colleges offer M.A in Political Science in Mumbai?
18th July 2013, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

What should i read to pass the entrance exam?
23rd July 2013, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

M A list a amar nam achy to amar admition hoba kekora,abar bolchy councelin hoba
2nd August 2013, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

I passed my graduation in B.A.(Pass) (2005), so what is the proceedure to take admission in M.A. Political Science at Delhi University.
23rd August 2013, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Is a B.COM graduate eligible for M.A in POLITICAL SCIENCE & also M.A ECONOMICS
5th December 2013, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

sir i m a 3rd yr student persunging ba(h)political science.when i cn register myself for ma
5th December 2013, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

sir i m a 3rd yr student persunging ba(h)political science.when i cn register myself for ma
8th June 2014, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS Fee structure and admission procedure of M.A-POLITICAL SCIENCE course in Delhi University? Read: What is the fee structure for B.Ed course from Delhi University? http://educationcareer.in/what-fee-structure-b-ed-course-delhi-university-
17th December 2015, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed my B.E i want to do M. A political science how i can do it. Is there any option of doing political science with my B. E Degree PLEASE SUGGEST ME THE WAY how to do M. A Political science.
9th March 2016, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

how many seats are available in Dibrugarh,Assam and Guwahati Universities for M.A in political science
19th May 2017, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am complete my graduation with political science but I have only 44.36% so that which college give me admission in MA political Science course please suggest me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?