30th January 2018, 09:54 PM

How and when to join B.Tech in IIT institutions being a 2nd year student of Diploma in Mining?

Hi I am diploma student of Mining 2nd year in SBTET Telangana affiliated to AICTU. I want to do B.Tech in best colleges or IIT colleges. Which exam I should write? In which year/time to apply for these exams? Am I eligible for JEE IIT? If yes, then how to apply for it? How can I get a lateral entry in to B.Tech?How can I get a B.Tech seat in famous IIT colleges like ISM Dhanbad/lIT Karagpur/Anna University?

Related Questions:
4th February 2018, 03:12 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How and when to join B.Tech in IIT institutions being a 2nd year student of Diploma in Mining?

Diploma students are not eligible to write JEE Advanced exam to get admission into IITs.

For appearing into JEE Advanced Exam, you must have completed 10+2 (with PCM stream) and have qualified JEE Main exam.

You can appear for these exams while you are studying in 10+2 (with PCM) or after passing it.

To get a seat in top IITs like ISM Dhanbad, IIT Kharagpur, you will have secure a decent rank in JEE Advanced of below 5k.
5th February 2018, 09:59 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How and when to join B.Tech in IIT institutions being a 2nd year student of Diploma in Mining?

Sorry, to say that Diploma holders are not eligible to get admission in IIT for pursuing B.Tech course. To get admission in IIT for pursuing B.Tech course, you have to appear in JEE Main and Advance examination. You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a recognised board to be eligible to apply for JEE Main examination. Candidates who have qualified JEE Main and secured top 2,00,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination. So, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to direct admission in IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?