24th March 2022, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

I have done my graduation under OSOU am I eligible for UPSC exam?

I have done my graduation (in distance) under osou Odisha State open University. I want to know Is distance course graduation valid for opsc exam

27th March 2022, 10:22 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I have done my graduation under OSOU am I eligible for UPSC exam?

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and it conducts various examination for recruitment of Central Government Personnel in different sectors.

Further, the term UPSC examination is often used for the Civil Services examination which too is held by the UPSC and my answer to your query is assuming the same as you have simply mentioned UPSC examination.

The basic qualification required to appear in the Civil Services examination is a bachelor degree (both in regular or distance mode of education) in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, as OSOU (Odisha State Open University) Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates are to be treated at par with Degrees/Diplomas issued by other Universities established by centre/states and are recognized by UGC therefore you are definitely eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For complete information regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
28th March 2022, 07:11 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I have done my graduation under OSOU am I eligible for UPSC exam?

Discipline in any discipline from a recognised university is the required eligibility to appear for the examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages. So, you can prepare for the examination and with better preparation eligible to get final selection.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?