11th February 2011, 10:06 AM
BALU.VANEE

IES or IAS: who has more power? whether IES officers work under IAS officer?

Between ies and ias officer who as more power or whether ies officer will work under ias officer

11th February 2011, 01:02 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: IES or IAS: who has more power? whether IES officers work under IAS officer?

The IAS is the administrative portion of the Indian Government.
It comprises of administrative jobs like - Secretary to PM, CM, Aviation, Revenue etc.
The IAS belongs to the All India Services category in the civil service, where as the IES is the Technical Services portion of the Indian Government.
Though both are Government services, the former is the administration sector and the latter is the technical sector.

for more details about these two services click here:

http://entrance-exam.net/difference-between-ias-and-ies/
11th February 2011, 01:23 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: IES or IAS: who has more power? whether IES officers work under IAS officer?

dear both exam conducted by upsc but both are not same....
IAS-INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
IES-INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES
When you give the IAS then you can only work for administrative department.
and this exam you can give after graduation from any discipline But
IES only you give after B.E/B.TECH degree that's why this is differnce from IAS.
From IES you go in engineering department for higher post for e.g -DRM,GM etc.
11th February 2011, 02:19 PM
aryabhatta

Default Re: IES or IAS: who has more power? whether IES officers work under IAS officer?

dear

it is not about who works under whom both of them are different things first is indian administrative service in which you will be a collector or a representative of a government sector

while in IES you will work as a engineer in government companies
11th February 2011, 03:05 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hi,

IAS:

IAS in the non technical branch of the Union of the Government of India.
It stands for the India Administrative Service.
IAS officers are mainly concerned with the administration duties.
They are required for mantaining the bureaucracy of the Central and State Governments.
IAS officers are mainly employed in departments such asIndian Railway Service,India nRevenue Department, Indian Audit and Account Services etc.
They do administrative jobs like- Sectretary to the PM, CM, cabinet minisers, Revenue.

IES:

IES is the Technical branch of the Union of Government of India.
They are required to perform administrative as well as technical duties for the Government.
IES officers are generally employed in Indian Railway Engineering service, Military Engineering Service, Central Engineering Service.

So you can yourself see that the IAS is better than IES, is more lucrative and has a better career compared to IES.
11th February 2011, 03:13 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi..
ias officer is surely more powerful than an ies officer,
an ias officer is generally the head of an organization of government or the district magistrate ,
an ies officer will get an post which is always below the ias officer,generally he is the technical head of an government but not the head
11th February 2011, 03:59 PM
sunilshamnur

it's IAS
11th February 2011, 04:23 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Cool Re: IES or IAS: who has more power? whether IES officers work under IAS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALU.VANEE View Post
Between ies and ias officer who as more power or whether ies officer will work under ias officer
Both of them are servants of Indian Government.
IAS & IES both of them are very respected posts in our country.
IAS officers come under administration section whereas IES officers come under technical section.
IAS officers are in fields like Secretary to PM, CM, Aviation, Revenue etc.
IES officers are in fields like Indian Railway Engineering service (IERS), Military Engineering Service (MES), Central Engineering Service (CES) etc.

For both of them you will be required to give UPSC exam.
Also for IAS degree is required whereas for IES engineering is required .

So you can understand that both of them are highly respected post & there is no need to compare them.
11th February 2011, 05:56 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hello,

well there is nothing like IAS is better than IES.Both exams are very good one and of highly prestigious job.Only the difference is that IAS eligibility criteria is that you need to have pass certificate and be a graduate from any recognized university but for IES it is only for graduates in engineering under the following branch.
1.Electrical engineering
2.Electronics and telecommunication
3.Mechanical engineering
4.Civil engineering.
Both are very prestigious.
11th February 2011, 06:43 PM
mohit brh

i want to suggest you that both post are work for indian government so if you have a capability to qualify IAS exam than you can do IAS.
IAS is better option as compare to IES.
but it's depend upon your interest.

The IAS Officers are employed in the administrative department of the Indian government.

Indian Engineering Services belongs to the Technical Services department which comes under the technical and administrative functions of the Indian Government

visit http://entrance-exam.net/difference-between-ias-and-ies/
11th February 2011, 09:21 PM
diego
Banned

Well If you talk about power both of them have lots of power at their behest
But if you talk about sheer crude power obviously an IAS has more power
since IAS is an administrative post and its power are more visible and effective in the
common public terminology... an IES on the other hand has power limited to the Units he handles or so to say on his subordinates and his field of expertise.
..... if you are a power hungry person you should go for IAS
It is not that IES work under IAS... sometimes though since IAS are eligible for postings like secretary chief secretary, cabinate secretary etc.. then generally IAS officers precide over IES officers.
But remember such power is for welfare of people not for personal use... Aim to use power of greater good.
wishes
1st March 2011, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

what is the salary package of ies??
what are the benefits and credentials of ies??
7th March 2011, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

i'm student of B.tech (branch-ec,2nd year),
which is better for me to prepare for an ias or ies.........?
9th March 2011, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm student of B.tech (branch-ec,2nd year),
which is better for me to prepare for an ias or ies.........?
its ies baby!!!!!
12th March 2011, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

Could you please let me know:
1) what are the locations that we will be posted for training after completing IES?
2) And approx. how many months do we have training?
13th March 2011, 03:25 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: IES or IAS: who has more power? whether IES officers work under IAS officer?

IAS or IES

both are the civil Services...

if you're strong in your subject then go with IES

or else

if you are very much interested in Civil Services

then Go with CSE (Civil Services Examination)

In this exam You'll have many other services like IPS and IFS and so on along with IAS

I think its better to take IES because 4 years you might have spent a lot of time to learn the concepts of engineering ..

it will be useful and fruitful for you and to your country if you select IES

this IES has seperate exam

for latest updates regarding the examination you can log in to this blogs

www.upscportal.com

or else check in this link

www.upsc.gov.in

when it comes to the matter of power..

IAS is definitely powerful post..

its a high risk High gain job..

choose your best
option.

all the best

~aditya~
16th March 2011, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

I m btech 3 year student frm E.C branch how I prepare to do my best in i.e.s exams
20th March 2011, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

can a fresher ias can give shoot order to police for his personal enemy?
5th April 2011, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

No doubt that IAS has more power and more coveted than IES. Most of the students from top engineering colleges (IIT's, NIT's) dont write IES thats why competition is way below in IES as compared to IAS.
5th May 2011, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

after clearing IES exam which post we will get in different field of engineering department?
5th May 2011, 03:55 AM
Unregistered

what ard the posts offered to an ies? Can an ies officer stick to a particular state only??
22nd May 2011, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

I have been working in IT sector for last one and half year. Is it wise if I start now preparing for IES along with the job? I did btech in EC.
23rd May 2011, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

hi im raddhika, working in engineering college, as an asst. proffesor ,from two years, can i go for ies/? is it suitable for ladies? i believe that if we start strongly nothing is impossible... but thinking about placement.. according to my family sitiuation i should live in hyderabad..... can i get placement in hyd. and other thing is my hubby is working in railway at secundersabad
29th May 2011, 06:52 PM
mailmeshekhar2011

Hi dear,

IAS:

They are required for mantaining the bureaucracy of the Central and State Governments.
IAS officers are mainly employed in departments such asIndian Railway Service,India nRevenue Department, Indian Audit and Account Services etc.
They do administrative jobs like- Sectretary to the PM, CM, cabinet minisers, Revenue.

IES:

They are required to perform administrative as well as technical duties for the Government.
IES officers are generally employed in Indian Railway Engineering service, Military Engineering Service, Central Engineering Service.

So you can yourself see that the IAS is better than IES, is more lucrative and has a better career compared to IES.
Thanks
4th June 2011, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

my about to be husband is in indian navy and i wanted to do IAS can any one tell me should i do it....r not...sholud i be getting the posting at the same place as him....or if i clear IAS where else would be the doors open for me
5th June 2011, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

i am student of B-TECH and my branch is MECH.and i want to become a IAS OFFICER .plz any budy suggest me what is pattern of IAS exam.and can i do this mech subject ???? if yes, so explain the exam pattern
27th June 2011, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

wha is th esalary of an IPS
1st July 2011, 12:07 AM
swastik08

hi dear,
IAS:

IES:

thanks
1st July 2011, 09:00 PM
jossdaimari

Smile Re: IES or IAS: who has more power? whether IES officers work under IAS officer?

ya i agree wit u....most of the iitians n nitians go for private jobs as their salaries are high....so rest those who hav enough patience or hav lotz of interest in civil services or also maybe witout job only go for IES exam.
12th July 2011, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

which is the most prestigious civil service after I.A.S,I.P.S & I.F.S?
19th August 2011, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

HI SIR
HEAR SACHIN. I HAV DONE MY ENGINEERING IN MECHANICAL FIELD.SO SUGGEST ME THAT FOR WHICH EXAM SHOULD I PREPARED IES OR IAS? N SUGGEST ME SYLLABUS OF THAT EXAM.
29th October 2011, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
after clearing ies exam which post we will get in different field of engineering department?
a. E.
12th November 2011, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

who has more power IAS? or C.M.?
15th November 2011, 07:42 PM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

hi dear,
IAS:

IES:

thanks
16th November 2011, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

is there any indian engg.service for diploma mech engg
20th November 2011, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I am doing b.tech. N i want to know the powers of an IES officer & in which departments an IES officer can work.
28th November 2011, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

is IES job is suitable for ladies
17th December 2011, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

hii
I am in B-tech 2nd year(ECE)??
please suggest how should and when should i start my preparation for IES to do well in the exam???
11th January 2012, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

before some time a b.tech student qualified to ias. how is it possible b/c for this should be a degree in ART stream? plz describe it.
thankyou
23rd January 2012, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

I'm a student of EE(2nd yr),B.tech.IAS or IES,which one shall I choose?which is better for me?
24th January 2012, 01:36 AM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
Of course IAS is much more better than IES
If you are interested in IAS
Here is the details criteria for IAS

IAS Eligibility :

Academic Qualification :
The candidate must be graduate from any university.

Age Limit :
ForGeneral :21 to 30 years.[SC/ST will get 5 years age relaxation and OBC will get 3 year age relaxation]

No Of Attempts :
General : 4.
SC/ST: Unlimited.
OBC :7.

For more you can see these attachments below :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS I.pdf(11.7 KB, 262 views)
File Type: pdf IAS II.pdf(9.9 KB, 170 views)
File Type: pdf IAS III.pdf(46.4 KB, 176 views)
19th February 2012, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

for btech student what is better ias or ies?
6th March 2012, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,which one is more powerful cadre IAS or IPS?If IAS why because IPS is uniformed service it should get much respect.
14th June 2012, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

AFTER TENTH WHICH SUBJECT SHOULD BE CHOOSEN TO BEING AN IAS OFFICER
14th June 2012, 11:13 PM
guruvana244

Quote:
AFTER TENTH WHICH SUBJECT SHOULD BE CHOOSEN TO BEING AN IAS OFFICER
hi dear,

IAS:

IES:

thanks
4th July 2012, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

IAS is far far better than IES.
Even state govt GROUP-1 is better than IES in terms of job satisfaction.
14th August 2012, 10:57 AM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Both exam conducted by upsc but both are not same....
IAS-INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
IES-INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES
When you give the IAS then you can only work for administrative department.
and this exam you can give after graduation from any discipline But
IES only you give after B.E/B.TECH degree that's why this is differnce from IAS.
From IES you go in engineering department for higher post for e.g -DRM,GM etc.
13th March 2013, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

yes surely ias will hav more power than ies becoz the government will hav the direct pottential to convey frame rules through the ias officer ,
but ies officer can only work for the government companys as high command officier
25th March 2013, 10:12 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALU.VANEE View Post
One cannot compare them as the IAS deals with public issues or govt issues and IES is technical field..

Both are independent departments..
11th November 2013, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
who has more power IAS? or C.M.?
hahahahah!!!!
what a question
obviously cm
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?