22nd August 2010, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

In IIT JEE we should clear cutoff in Paper I and Paper II separately or overall?

Is, in IIT-JEE entrance exam., we should clear cutoff in paper-1 and paper-2 seperately or totally?

14th April 2011, 12:11 AM
amlendu shekhar
Junior Member+

Default Re: In IIT JEE we should clear cutoff in Paper I and Paper II separately or overall?

Hi dear,
yes it is mandatory that you should pass in both the papers in IITJEE exam.
for more detail about IITJEE exam pattern go to www.iitjee.org
thanks
14th April 2011, 06:06 AM
babydoll

Default Re: In IIT JEE we should clear cutoff in Paper I and Paper II separately or overall?

Hello friend,
Yes, this is true that you must have to fulfill the cutoff of both the papers. But final overall percentile will be considered while counseling.
So this is compulsory to clear both the paper.
Good luck!!!!
14th April 2011, 06:35 PM
devendergora

The aggregate of both papers will be required for cut off marks, plus you also need to clear seperate cut off marks in physics, chemistry, & maths.
15th April 2011, 10:07 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: In IIT JEE we should clear cutoff in Paper I and Paper II separately or overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is, in IIT-JEE entrance exam., we should clear cutoff in paper-1 and paper-2 seperately or totally?
There are two papers conducted in the IIT JEE examination

So you have to pass in each paper separately to qualify the
IIT JEE examination.

Paper I
Paper I is based on the following pattern

Paper II
Paper II is based on the following pattern
15th April 2011, 12:11 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

ya friend you have to score a pass marks in both the papers of the IITJEE entrance exam to get qualified for the rank .....

so best of luck ....
15th April 2011, 12:55 PM
Aditishinde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
heyy dear,

the marks of individual subject is calculated and then added first. means if you hv scored 55 marks in paper 1 and 40 marks in paper 2 for chemistry subject. Ur score for chemistry will be 55+40=95 ! Same for all three subjects.!
now if u qualify the sectional cutoff means of subjects P C M seperately you will be eligible for main cutoff..! this is on overall basis...means if u have scored 100 in paper 1 and 200 in paper 2. ur total score will be 300 and u will be given rank according to this score.! u need NOT have to worry if one paper has somewhat lower score..They take additive of two...!!

Gud luck...
15th April 2011, 03:33 PM
hari om yadav

dear ,
yes, it is right that you have must fulfill the cutoff in both papers.
so it is compulsory to clear both papers.
15th April 2011, 03:41 PM
piyush121

Smile Re: In IIT JEE we should clear cutoff in Paper I and Paper II separately or overall?

Hello friend,

you need to give both the two papers of iit.

The cut off is from the overall paper and in addition you also need to clear the cut off in each subject individually.
15th April 2011, 04:29 PM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Hi friend,
Yes, this is true that you must have to fulfill the cutoff of both the papers. But final overall percentile will be considered while counseling.
So this is compulsory to clear both the paper.
Good luck!!!!
all the best
18th April 2011, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

R,Sir
can any body tell me wht should be good score ro get in ISAT-2011

DIVYA
21st April 2011, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

ya wat are the cut off marks for this year?
25th September 2011, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

what should be the cutoff for an iit-jee?
9th November 2011, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum marks required to get aeronautical branche in Iit ???
10th November 2011, 01:09 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi.

The no. of applicants in IIT JEE are increasing every year, so 4 years back and from the last 4 years IIT has been following this criteria that, if you are to crack the IIT exam, then you have to clear cut off of all the 3 subjects separately.

You have to pass in all the 3 subjects in both the papers in order to get selected in the IIT.

All the best.

Regards
~RJ~
15th May 2013, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

i want to ask that if i am good in chemistry and maths and got 50 50 in those two and 4-5 marks in physics and same in paper-2 ,, and cleared cut off of physics jointly,, am i qualified for paper ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?