17th June 2012, 06:34 AM
Vipin.p.p

Information regarding Company Secretary course? Which are the subjects under this course?

Sir
please send me details of copanysecratary course subjects

17th June 2012, 10:36 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information regarding Company Secretary course? Which are the subjects under this course?

Company Secretary Courses details :

The Institute of company Secretary of India develops & regulates the profession of company secretaries in India
There are three stages to be pursued to qualify as a company secretary

Foundation Course
Intermediate Course
Final Course

Foundation Course :

Eligibility : 10+2 or equivalent course pass in Arts , Science & Commerce Stream
Duration of Course is 8 months

Subjects :

English & Business Communication
Basic Economics & Business Environment
Financial Accounting
Elements of business Laws & Management
Information Systems & Quantitative Techniques

Qualifying Marks :
Secured are one sitting a min of 40% marks in each paper & 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects

Intermediate Course :

Eligibility : Pass in CS Foundation , Arts , Science , Commerce / Non Commerce Graduates are eligible for registration
Candidates not be less than 17 years of age

Subjects :

Group I :

General Laws & Commercial Laws
Company Accounts & Cost & Management Accounting
Tax Laws
Management Information Systems & Corporate Communication

Group II :

Company Law
Company Secretarial Practice
Economics , Labour & Industrial Laws
Securities Laws & Regulation of Financial Markets

Qualifying Marks :

candidates have passed in Intermediate Course ,Secured are one sitting a min of 40% marks in each paper & 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects

Final Course :

Eligibility :

Candidates join into the Final Examination only after a min period of 9 months since his passing Intermediate Examination

Subjects :

Group I :

Advanced Company Law & Practice
Secretarial Practice relating to Economic Laws & Drafting & Conveyancing
Secretarial Management & Systems Audit

Group II :

Financial , Treasury & Forex Management
Corporate Restructuring Law & Practice
Banking & Insurance Law & Practice

Group III :

World Trade Organisation International Trade , Joint Ventures & Foreign Collaborations
Direct & Indirect Taxation Law & Practice
Human Resource Management & Industrial Relations

Qualifying Marks :

Secured are one sitting a min of 40% marks in each paper & 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects

Job Areas after CS Course :

Corporate Laws
Corporate Governance
Corporate Administration
Board & Shareholders
Corporate Compliance Management
Stakeholder Relationship
IPO/ADRs/GDRs
Direct & Indirect Taxes
Investor Education & Protection

17th June 2012, 12:07 PM
sumit911

Default Re: Information regarding Company Secretary course? Which are the subjects under this course?

A Company Secretary is one of the main officers on the board members of any company. In order to pursue a company secretary career, there are certain aspects that aspiring company secretaries should be aware of. Few such aspects include- the eligibility conditions or who can pursue a career in this field, the types of company secretary courses offered, institutes extending these academic programs, admission procedure, time of entrance examination and finally the job prospects. Information about these important aspects has been dealt with in this write up. Read on to know more about each.

Company Secretary Eligibility

The Institute of Company Secretaries of India or ICSI conducts the company secretary course in 3 parts, namely, Foundation course, Intermediate or executive course, and Final or professional course.

Eligibility for Foundation Course - The minimum educational qualification required to apply for a company secretary foundation course is 10+2 in any stream. Students who have appeared in their class XII exam and are waiting for their results are also eligible for the course. However, the final year students have to produce pass certificate within 6 months from the time of admission. The foundation course is of 8 months duration. After completing the Foundation course, the students can apply for the Intermediate course.

Eligibility for Intermediate/ Executive Course - Gradutes of all streams except Fine Arts are eligible for a company secretary executive course. Candidates who are qualified in Foundation course and are below 17 years of age can also apply for executive program.

ICAI and ICWAI students, graduates, post graduates can take direct admission into Intermediate without having the need to complete Foundation course.

Eligibility for Final/ Professional Course - After having qualified in the Intermediate course, a student is eligible to study the final course.

Company Secretary Training - A student who has passed the executive or professional course has to undergo the management training of 15 months either in the companies sponsored by the institute or under the guidance of a Company Secretary in practice.

Company Secretary Course Fee

Tuition fees & admission fees need to be paid for all the 3 levels. The cost of Foundation course is 3600 rupees, for Intermediate course it is 7750 rupees, and for Final course it is 7500 rupees (as of January 2011).

Institutes Offering Company Secretary Course in India

The Institute of Company Secretaries of India is the main institute that offers this program. It has its head office in New Delhi (ICSI House, 22, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003) and several other branches in different cities of India. Names of few places include-

ICSI Agra
B-623 Kamla Nagar, Agra, Uttar Pradesh-282004
Phone: +91-562-2581174/2180341

ICSI Ahmedabad
ICSI-Maneklal Mills Complex
S-2, B-Tower Chinubhai Towers Ashram Road Ahmedabad - 380009
Phone - 079-26589343,32918705
Email: [email protected]

ICSI Ajmer
Khanna Building Near Pokharna Sadan Opp.: Ice Factory Gali, Hathi Bhata Ajmer - 305001 Phone - 0145-2425013

ICSI Allahabad
Triveni Kunj Flat-G, 2nd Floor 338-A Sadiapur Allahabad - 211003

ICSI Alwar
42, Raghu Shopping Complex Scheme No.10 Vijay Mandir Road Alwar - 301001
Phone - 0144-2370975

ICSI Amritsar
C/O Share Plaza 3 - M.M.Malviya Road Near Adarsh Cinema Amritsar - 143001
Phone - 0183-2227271

ICSI Bangalore
"Sheriff Chambers", III Floor, Rear Block, 14, Cunningham Road, Bangalore- 52
Phone: 22261861, 22286574 & 22287158
Fax: 22261861
Email: [email protected]

Course Details of Company Secretary Program

The course content of company secretary essentially comprises the following topics, which are taught at different levels (Foundation, Intermediate, and Final). They are-

Industrial Relations
Human Resource Management
Foreign Collaborations & Joint Ventures
WTO-International Trade
Banking and Insurance-Law & Practice
Corporate Restructuring
Systems & Corporate Secretarial Practice
Commercial & General Law
Financial Accounting
Company Law
Management Information Systems
Management Accounting
Business Environment & Basic Economics

Company Secretary Entrance Exam Syllabus

For the Foundation Program, the syllabus is as follows:

Financial Accounting
English and Business Communication
Elements of Business Laws and Management
Economics and Statistics

For the Executive Program, the syllabus is as follows:

Module I:

Company Accounts, Cost and Management Accounting
General and Commercial Laws
Tax Laws

Module II:

Securities Laws and Compliances
Economic and Labour Laws
Company Law

For the Professional Program, the syllabus is given below:

Module I:

Drafting, Appearances and Pleadings
Company Secretarial Practice

Module II:

Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency
Financial, Treasury and Forex Management

Module III:

Advanced Tax Laws and Practice
Strategic Management, International Trade and Alliances

Module IV:

Government, Sustainability and Business Ethics
Due Diligence and Corporate Compliance Management

How to Prepare for the Exam

The students preparing for a CS course must keep themseleves updated with the recent trends and news related to the companies and business industry. They must also be aware of the rules and regulations of various companies. Apart from the knowledge regarding the business world, the student must have good communication and writing skills.

Recommended Books for Company Secretary Course

Given below is a list of the reference books that a student preparing for a company secretary course must study:

Company Secretarial Practice by S. A. Sherekar, J. K. Mitta
Master Guide to Company Secretaries by Dr. S. Kannan
The Company Secretary's Handbook: A Guide to Duties and Responsibilities by Helen Ashton
ICSI Publication
The Company Secretary's Desktop Guide- Roger Mason

Company Secretary Jobs

A company secretary graduate can get recruited in private as well as government organization. There are many private companies. As far as government jobs are concerned, the following are the main employers-

State Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
Airport Authority of India
Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited
Bharat Earth Movers Limited

Salary of Company Secretary

The starting salary in India for a Company Secretary graduate is 20,000 rupees per month. The pay scale increases as per experience, areas of expertise, and job profile.

17th June 2012, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

First, learn company secetary spelling .then i tell u about the course detail
17th June 2012, 04:33 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

There are several stages in company secretary course ie, foundation programme, executive programme and professional programme.

In addition to it the student needs to undergo 15 hours of training session.

Foundation programme can be pursued by students who have passed 10+2 exam with arts, commerce or science subjects.

For executive programmes only the graduate students are eligibile expect for the fine arts students.

And lastly those who clear the executive programme can dothe professional programme.

For more information log onto this website www.icsi.edu
17th June 2012, 08:02 PM
__Prateek
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin.p.p View Post
Sir
please send me details of copanysecratary course subjects
COMPANY SECRETARY ( CS )

it is a course conducted by ICSI which help the candidate to become a CS of a company , the candidate can also join other profession after completing cs.

STAGES OF BECOMING A CS

there are 4 stages that a student has to clear after competing CS

1. FOUNDATION COURSE

> Total time of course is 8 months

> can be pursued by students passed 12th with any stream

2. EXECUTIVE PROGRAM

it can be pursued by the candidates who have passed graduation with any stream except fine arts

3. PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM

> it can be only be done after completing the executive program of cs

4. TRAINING

> a candidate has to undergo 15 months training in companies sponsored by the institute after the completion of executive or professional course

After clearing professional course and training the candidate is admitted as an associate member of ICSI

ADMISSION PROCEDURE

the admission process is done throughout the year , the exam is held twice in year.

> december

> june

DATES OF EXAM

1. FOUNDATION COURSE - the student has to take admission on 31st march for december exam

30 September for students appearing for the june exam in the next year.

2. EXECUTIVE COURSE - 28 TH february for students appearing in december exam

31st august for students appearing in December exam

COST OF PROSPECTUS

1. for foundation - 200 rs

2. for executive course - 300 rs

the payment can be send to the headquarter of ICSI by a demand draft

FEES FOR COURSE

1. for foundation course - 3,600 rs

2. for executive course - 7,000 rs

SUBJECT FOR CS

18th June 2012, 11:50 AM
taseer1991

Hello Friend....

Download the below attachment for full information about Company Secretary Course....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs%20brochure%20for%20regular%20course.pdf(7.03 MB, 82 views)
27th June 2012, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

do we get salary while doing training?if yes then how much?
29th June 2012, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

how much percentage is requrid for cs excutive aftr garduation
7th July 2012, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

hello, now im in FY B.com. Can i do B.com and CS at the same time? Plz give me info about procedure of admission and fees.
11th August 2012, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

DURATION OF THIS COURSE?
12th August 2012, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

I'm about to finish my MBA, in which stage of CS program can I get enrolled? Do I need to undergo executive program?
12th August 2012, 04:40 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Hello ,

There are several stages in company secretary course ie, foundation programme, executive programme and professional programme.

In addition to it the student needs to undergo 15 hours of training session.

Foundation programme can be pursued by students who have passed 10+2 exam with arts, commerce or science subjects.

For executive programmes only the graduate students are eligibile expect for the fine arts students.

And lastly those who clear the executive programme can dothe professional programme.

For more information log onto this website www.icsi.edu
25th August 2012, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

How many does study of CS
29th August 2012, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

is cs course a regular course???????????????????????????
1st September 2012, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

i am commarce graduate and LL.B graduate . can i get admission cs. which course get admission and which subject get exmpetion to me.
adv.abhay kopardekar.
5th September 2012, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

How much hours study in per day for executive program , i was doing B.SC. in boi s
8th September 2012, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

full form of cs & how can i take entrance in cs exam?
3rd October 2012, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

is the course fee is different in every college of this course
5th December 2012, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

I have completed B.E(ECE) at 2012.Can I do ice or ices course??? Will this course give me good jobs???
9th December 2012, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 10th standard and other diploma courses and i am working in media field in good job. Now i am intrested in Company Secretary course. How can i join this course I am 34 years old. thank u very much.
29th January 2013, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

Is this opportunity for MPC students also na
25th May 2013, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

am doing my BBM n 1st year degree,when shall apply for the foundation course???
8th July 2013, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

I am in 10th standard.I would like to go for CS course. Can you please guide me regarding the eligibility and where these courses available in pune as i am staying in pune?
18th January 2014, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Is foundation course and CPT are same or different? please explain
20th March 2014, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

I had done my b.com graduation 6 years I am not in touch of studies so please suggest me should I do these course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?