30th April 2015, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Information Technology engineer is eligible for RRB exam?

I just want to know that i am an Information technology Engineer, so am i eligible for the RRB exam for loco pilot?

30th April 2015, 04:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information Technology engineer is eligible for RRB exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I just want to know that i am an Information technology Engineer, so am i eligible for the RRB exam for loco pilot?
No, you are not eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot exam.

Assistant Loco Pilot exam is conducted by Railway Recruitment Board.

Eligible ITI departments are Fitter/Electrician/Instrument Mechanic/Mill Wright or Maintenance Mechanic/Mechanic Radio & TV/Electronics Mechanic/Mechanic Motor Vehicle/Wireman/Tractor Mechanic/Armature & Coil Winder/Mechanic Diesel/Heat Engine/Turner/Machinist/Refrigeration & AC Mechanic.

Eligible Diploma departments are Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Automobile Engineering.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation provided for reserved category candidates.

Topics for Assistant loco pilot exam are Technical, Non Technical, General English, General Awareness, Arithmetic's, Reasoning.
30th April 2015, 04:15 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible for the RRB exam for loco pilot.

The examination for Loco pilot is conducted by RRB (railway recruitment board) time to time to fulfill the vacant positions in the railway department. The notification for the recruitment is published on the official website of RRB. The written examination for the post of Loco Pilot is conducted by the authority under the guidance of various Railway Recruitment Boards of the country.

The procedure to apply for job of Loco Pilot in Indian Railways are following:-

-The candidate age should be in between 18-30 years.

-The candidate must have passed 10th/equivalent and should have done ITI from a recognized university or must have completed diploma in engineering in electrical/mechanical/electronics/automobile engineering.

-The pay scale for the post is around Rs 5,200-20,200.

-The selection is done through written exam followed by the personal interview for the qualified candidates.

Application can be downloaded from the official website.The applicant who wishes to apply for zone should fill the application form and send it to the Railway Recruitment Board of the zone. Candidates can apply to one zone only.The application form , examination fees along with all required documents should be sent to the zonal office.
30th April 2015, 04:20 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Assistant Loco Pilot post is recruited in all regions of RRB - Railway Recruitment Board and this is a very good reputed job in Indian Railways under Ministry of Railways Government of India and a candidate willing to get the job of Assistant Loco Pilot need to have eligibility criteria as per required in the notice and according to the official notice :

Minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for Assistant Loco Pilot in Indian Railways :

Candidate should have passed Matriculation plus course completed Act Apprenticeship / ITI approved by NCVT or SCVT in any one of the trades -

Fitter/ Electrician/ Instrument Mechanic/ Millwright Maintenance Mechanic/ Mechanic Radio & TV/ Electronics Mechanic/ Mechanic Motor Vehicle/ Wireman/ Tractor Mechanic/ Anmature and Coll Winder/ Mechanic Diesel/ Heat Engine/ Turner/ Machinist/ Refrigeration and AC Mechanic OR

Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Automobile Engineering/ recognized by AICTE.

Candidates having higher qualification in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Automobile Engineering from a recognized university/ institute are also eligible to apply.

Age of the candidate should be minimum 18 years and maximum 30 years to apply.

You have completed your engineering degree in Information Technology and as per the requirement of the board, you are not eligible to apply for this examination.

If you want to apply for this job then you do need to complete any one of the above mentioned courses from a recognized university then only you will be eligible to apply for this recruitment.

You have IT degree in engineering so do not worry because there is one more relevant post that you can apply for in railways department of India.

Indian Railways Junior Engineer Post : A candidate having diploma/ degree in engineering discipline is eligible to apply and age should not be more than 30 years.

You can also apply for other posts in railways such as :

Assistant Station Master Recruitment in Railway department because this requires only a degree in any discipline from a recognized university so you are eligible.

Ticket collector recruitment in railways zones - Passed in class 10th then apply for this recruitment and become TC in railways which is also a reputed job.
30th April 2015, 07:02 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

RRB - Railway Recruitment Board

To apply for the RRB Exam being a Information Technology engineer there are certain qualifications. Candidate who are seeking for jobs in railways through RRB can get into:
  • Technical Cadre
  • Non Technical cadre

Eligibility Needed for Technical Cadre:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India

# Age limit needed is 18-33 years

# There are relaxation for other category candidates such as for SC/ST it is 5 years and for OBC it is 3 years.

# The educational qualification needed is a degree from a recognized university.

Eligibility Needed for Non Technical Cadre:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India

# Age limit needed is 18-30 years

# There are relaxation for other category candidates such as for SC/ST it is 5 years and for OBC it is 3 years.

# Educational qualification needed for the posts is candidate should have completed a degree with skills in English/Hindi on Computer.

Selection Process:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Mains Exam
  • Medical Exam
30th April 2015, 08:25 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are applicable for RRB exam.

I shall explain you in detail.

Basically, Railway exam is classified into two sections:
  • Technical Cadre
  • Non Technical cadre
Eligibility criteria for both cadres in detail are given below:

For Non Technical Cadre

Age Limitation 18 years – 30 years

Qualification Bachelor degree / typing skills in English/Hindi on Computer as well as Typewriter

Relaxation in age up the 5 years is provided to the SC/ ST candidates and 3 years up to OBC candidates is provided by the government.

For Technical Cadre

Age Limitation 18 years – 33 years

Qualification 10+2 with Physics and Maths and ITI/ Diploma or degree in Computer Networking / Data Networking / Electrician.

Relaxation in age up the 5 years is provided to the SC/ ST candidates and 3 years up to OBC candidates is provided by the government.

Selection Process:

RRB selection process basically consists of the following phases:

Preliminary Exam
Mains Exam
Medical Exam
Interview
Merit
30th April 2015, 11:01 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

RRB stands for Railway Recruitment Board which conducts examination for Assistant Loco Pilot.
It is a three stage examination which includes written test,certificate verification and medical test.

Eligibility criteria for RRB Assistant loco pilot are
-Candidate must be citizen of India.
-Candidates between 18-30 years of age are eligible.
-Age relaxation allowed for reserved category.
-Candidate with 10+2 degree in Maths and Physics or 10th with approved ITI colleges are eligible .
-Candidates with 10+2 degree in Maths and Physics and have passed in 1st years of Bachelors degree with Physics as stream are eligible to apply for Technical Signal Gr. Pos

If you fulfill the above eligibility criteria then you can apply for it.

So, you are not eligible to apply for RRB Assistant Loco Pilot.
25th February 2017, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I have done graduate in B.Sc. IT Electronics, which type of RRB post i can apply?
20th January 2019, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

I am ex serviceman diploma in information technology from indian army affiliated with AICTE can i apply for the post of JE in indian railway
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?