19th April 2018, 08:16 AM
uddipan biswas

Job oriented specializations available to study in BA?

Hello, I am an Arts student, studying in 12th standard. I will do BA after completing my 12th. Can you please tell me about the specializations available ion BA which would be job oriented? Please help me to know about this. Thank you!

30th April 2018, 12:31 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Job oriented specializations available to study in BA?

Bachelor of Arts can be pursued in different disciplines like History, Geography, English, Political science etc. You can select any stream or specialization depending upon your interest. In private sector, there is hardly any scope for B.A candidates. Teaching or government jobs are considered the best job opportunities for BA candidates.

After B.A course, you can pursue Master of Arts Course to become eligible for NET exam for lectureship and fellowship. You can apply for exams like Civil Services, Banking exams, SSC CGL based on bachelor's degree to get good government jobs.
30th April 2018, 07:07 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Job oriented specializations available to study in BA?

Job Oriented specializations available to pursue in Bachelor of Arts:

Bachelor of Arts is a 3 year full time Arts stream course that can be done after successful completion of 12th class. There are several specializations available in Bachelor of Arts course and they are,

>> Philosophy
>> History
>> Political Science
>> Geography
>> Education
>> Literature
>> Sociology
>> Library Science
>> Economics
>> Anthropology
>> Psychology
>> Archaeology
>> Journalism
>> Rural Development
>> Social Science
>> Tourism Studies
>> Vocational Studies
>> Oriental Culture
>> Vedic Astrology
>> Hospitality and Tourism
>> Mathematics
>> Public Administration ...etc.,

Each specialization has its own scope as far as job opportunities are concerned. Hence, I would suggest you to go with the stream or specialization in which you are most interested in. So that you will be find better job opportunities after completion of studies. As far as my best knowledge is concerned, BA in Journalism, BA in Sociology, BA in Education..etc., has good scope
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?