3rd October 2010, 05:29 PM
Sagitarus

M.Tech admission in IISc / IITB /IIT KGP / IITD on the basis of RESEARCH and PUBLICATIONS along with LORs by the mentor

I had got 98.2 % in GATE-CS last year...This time , I am busy with my Research Therefore not giving GATE this time ... I have my 2 publications under reviews . Just Want to know that ...
**Can i get direct admission FOR "M. TECH COURSE only" ...to above mentioned premier institute ...on the basis of RESEARCH and PUBLICATIONS along with LOR s by the mentor ??? I don't want to go abroad for MS.

Thanking you in anticipations.

6th October 2010, 12:50 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: M.Tech admission in IISc / IITB /IIT KGP / IITD on the basis of RESEARCH and PUBLICATIONS along with LORs by the mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitarus View Post
I had got 98.2 % in GATE-CS last year...This time , I am busy with my Research Therefore not giving GATE this time ... I have my 2 publications under reviews . Just Want to know that ...
**Can i get direct admission FOR "M. TECH COURSE only" ...to above mentioned premier institute ...on the basis of RESEARCH and PUBLICATIONS along with LOR s by the mentor ??? I don't want to go abroad for MS.

Thanking you in anticipations.
Dear friend,

i suggest you please got to the website of your choice institute and find the ph nos. or mail id of the cdoncerned person of admission related matter.contact him/her directly.

you got your clear answer and clear about your doubts.

good luck.

7th October 2010, 01:07 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: M.Tech admission in IISc / IITB /IIT KGP / IITD on the basis of RESEARCH and PUBLICATIONS along with LORs by the mentor

You need to take the GATE to get admissions to IISc and IITs. If you took GATE in 2010, it is valid for 2 years. There are no known cases where there has been direct admission to these institutes.

8th October 2010, 12:58 AM
Sagitarus

Default Re: M.Tech admission in IISc / IITB /IIT KGP / IITD on the basis of RESEARCH and PUBLICATIONS along with LORs by the mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by imira View Post
You need to take the GATE to get admissions to IISc and IITs. If you took GATE in 2010, it is valid for 2 years. There are no known cases where there has been direct admission to these institutes.
Thanx for ur response.
But I mean to say often those students are called for interviews who are high scores(>99.5 %). So seeing my research work and publications apart from my gate score... can i be equally preferred as they??

8th October 2010, 01:02 AM
Sagitarus

But I mean to say those students are generally admitted having gate percentile (>99.5%)...so seeing my research works and publication apart from my GATE percentile( 98.2%).
Can i be given equal preference as they are given?

8th May 2011, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

I have Gate percentile of 95% in Mech. Engineering. Can I expect admission in M Tech course in NITK, Surathkal or NIT, Allahabad?

19th March 2012, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

I have got gate score of 601 and AIR 1727 percentile of 98.4 in ME, will i get M.tech in IITs

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?