17th January 2018, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Is is mandatory to have B.Ed for Lectureship in college? Whether B.Ed is enough or need to do B.Ed also?

I'm a graduate now and wants to be a Lecturer at college. So, what further I need to study? Doing only B.Ed is enough or I will have to do M.A also? Or should I do both simultaneously? Or can I get teacher job only after doing B.Ed?

18th January 2018, 05:12 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is is mandatory to have B.Ed for Lectureship in college? Whether B.Ed is enough or need to do B.Ed also?

For recruitment as a lecturer in the government or private college, you have to appear and qualify in NET conducted by CBSE under the guidance of UGC.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have completed master degree with minimum 55% and age limit is 19-28 years.

So, you have to pursue master degree instead of B.Ed course to appear in NET.
18th January 2018, 05:59 PM
chikkykranthi619

Default Re: Is is mandatory to have B.Ed for Lectureship in college? Whether B.Ed is enough or need to do B.Ed also?

No, it is not mandatory to do B.Ed for working as a lecturer in a college.

But if you have a passion of doing B.Ed then you can do it.

Also make a note that if you want's to work for an engineering colleges, then you need to be a post graduate.
18th January 2018, 11:01 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To be a lecturer in a college, B.Ed is not mandatory but having Masters qualification is mandatory with qualified NET examination.
So you have to complete your Masters course.
19th January 2018, 12:26 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Look if you will pursue B.Ed then you will be eligible to apply for government teacher job. Some of them are like- TET, BTET, CTET etc.
If you want to become a lecturer in college then it is compulsory to have a Post- Graduation degree. There is no need to pursue B.Ed for the post of Lecturer. And after qualifying NET entrance examination you will be eligible for lecturer job.
19th January 2018, 12:58 AM
MNB1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm a graduate now and wants to be a Lecturer at college. So, what further I need to study? Doing only B.Ed is enough or I will have to do M.A also? Or should I do both simultaneously? Or can I get teacher job only after doing B.Ed?
TO become a lecturer in college, you have to complete your Post Graduation first.

After that you have to appear in the UGC NET exams.
Minimum educational qualifications for NET is Post Graduation pass with minimum 50% marks.

Only after clearing the NET exams you can apply for Asst Professor jobs.

Bed along with graduation will help you in getting teaching jobs at school level.
19th January 2018, 12:59 AM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

To become a Lecturer, you have to pursue Master's degree after completing Graduation. After Master's Degree, you have to qualify NET examination. All these things are mandatory to do, to become a Lecturer.

And for Teacher Job, you should have B.Ed degree and have to qualify TET or CTET (any one of these). To become a Teacher, B.Ed and TET or CTET are compulsory to do.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?