28th April 2015, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

Marks required by OBC candidate to get a seat in IIT in CS or Mechanical branches?

Hello sir , I am an OBC candidate. I want to know that what are the marks required for an obc child to assure a seat in any of the iit in CS or MECHANICAL or branch.
Pls make sure that I m not asking for the cut off marks .
Thank you

Related Questions:
15th September 2016, 03:20 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Marks required by OBC candidate to get a seat in IIT in CS or Mechanical branches?

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology. The admission of candidates from any category in IIT is done on basis of ranks in Joint Entrance Examination, Advanced stage. Joint Entrance Examination has two stages JEE Main and JEE Advanced.

JEE Main is the first stage of this examination. It is of 360 marks and candidate must score more than 300 marks to get admission in top five National Institute of Technology. Those who clear JEE Main are eligible for JEE Advanced. For JEE Advanced, a candidate must have 75% marks or more in board exams.

The marks for OBC candidates in JEE Advanced changes every year. Of total marks of JEE Advanced, OBC candidates must score 50% or more of total marks to get admission in top IITs and in desired stream of engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?