1st September 2019, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Is Mathematics compulsory in Intermediate in order to register for CA's CPT?

I am in class 11th and I have taken Commerce stream without Mathematics.I have a doubt that will I be able to do CA because my Mathematics was little bit poor. After knowing that Mathematics will be there in CPT exam. So, will I be able to crack the CPT exam? Will I have to take tuition?

4th September 2019, 07:35 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Mathematics compulsory in Intermediate in order to register for CA's CPT?

The full form of CA CPT is Chartered Accountancy Common Proficiency Test.

In CPT examination, there is a paper of quantitative aptitude, you must have basic knowledge of mathematics upto standard 10th.

Even if you have not taken mathematics in 12th, you can still apply for CA CPT exam. You can take coaching if you feel that you are weak in this subject.
6th September 2019, 12:02 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Mathematics compulsory in Intermediate in order to register for CA's CPT?

No, there is no necessity of Mathematics to be pursued during intermediate degree course in order to appear in CA CPT (Common Proficiency Test) as the minimum education required to appear in the CA CPT is simply a Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board of education.

Further, the necessity of tuition in order to prepare for CA CPT Mathematics paper then it depends upon your personal ability and strength to solve mathematical problems and your level of basic mathematical knowledge, and motivation to self study.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?