16th December 2018, 07:18 PM
Tilak Naik

Is Mathematics essentially to pass out in NDA exam?

Sir, I am a PCB passed out student from a government recognized board and I want to join "Indian Army" through NDA Examination. I don't know anything about the higher level mathematics which I studied in HSC. So, my question is that is it really compulsory to pass in Paper-1 of NDA examination i.e, Mathematics for getting admission in the "National Defense Academy, Pune"?

30th December 2018, 06:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Mathematics essentially to pass out in NDA exam?

NDA refers to National Defence Academy and to join the same one is required to qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

The examination is conducted in two stages which includes Written test followed by SSB (Service Selection Board) interview.

Further, the Written test comprises of two papers, one of Mathematics and other one of General Ability. And, to clear the Written test a candidate has to secure the overall cutoff for Written Test along with securing the minimum passing marks in each of the two papers i.e; a student is required to secure minimum passing marks in both Mathematics and General Ability paper to clear the Written test.

For more details regarding the selection procedure of NDA entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st December 2018, 02:26 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

It is mandatory to qualify in Written stage to become eligible for SSB and further qualify in it for final selection in NDA.

The written examination consists of two paper Paper I - Mathematics Paper II - General Awareness.

So, you have to do better preparation to qualify in each stage for final selection. You will get detail information at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st December 2018, 03:17 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA is conducted twice in a year by UPSC. It is conducted for selection in defence service.

The required minimum eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

It is mandatory to qualify in Mathematics and General Ability ( Written stage) to qualify in the examination.

So, even candidate who have passed 12th with PCB have to qualify in the paper for final selection.
31st December 2018, 05:39 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination is conducted in two stages :-

Written - Consists of two paper of Mathematics and General Ability. It is mandatory to qualify in each of them to become eligible for next stage.

SSB - It is second stage of the examination.

Candidates after qualifying in both stages will become eligible for final selection.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?