14th December 2010, 02:19 PM
apoorva choudhary

Is Maths necessary for Genetic Engineering? What is the alternative to it?

please tell me an alternative if i have not opted for maths in 11th and 12th but still want to do genetic engineering?

9th January 2011, 06:40 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Maths necessary for Genetic Engineering? What is the alternative to it?

You can't do the genetic Engineering as the eligibility is 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology.So it means that maths is a compulsory subject for genetic engineering.But you have an another option as well .If you have a Bachelors degree in science or molecular biology & you futher complete your higher studies in these subjects then definitely you are eligible for genetic Engineering.
10th January 2011, 11:28 AM
rahul_kumar066

Default Re: Is Maths necessary for Genetic Engineering? What is the alternative to it?

Yes,Maths is necessary for Genetic Engineering with bio. side without maths you can not be a engineer .
Another option is you must have higher education qualification on genetic subject.
6th February 2011, 10:03 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

Sorry to inform you buddy, but you cannot go for the genetic engineering sector at this stage.

Because, one must have maths in your 10(+2) as a main subject to study genetic engineering in the graduate level.

So try to get some other information on courses related to genetic science.

Good luck!!
29th March 2011, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects necessary for genetic engineering?
9th April 2011, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

is maths a good optional with biology?
what benefits i will get from this?
2nd May 2011, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

do you need to give the cet entrance test to get into genetics engineering..???so will physics chem maths and bio be compulsary subjects..?????and how much(%) do you need to score in these subjects for hsc????
7th July 2011, 01:56 PM
suresh saragadam

Default Re:thanks but what ido nd if u dont mine i want forensic also.............................................. .................................................. ..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle View Post
Dear friend,

Sorry to inform you buddy, but you cannot go for the genetic engineering sector at this stage.

Because, one must have maths in your 10(+2) as a main subject to study genetic engineering in the graduate level.

So try to get some other information on courses related to genetic science.

Good luck!!
nd..........
16th August 2011, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

can I do genetic engineering after bsc (cbz)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?