21st January 2018, 04:56 PM
Raghave jha

Minimum educational qualification required for direct admission in PhD?

I am UGC-NET (Assistant Professor only) as well as USET (Uttarakhand State Eligibility Test) qualified. Can I get direct admission in PhD? Will IGNOU accepts this for PhD application? Can I get into any regular university also?

Related Questions:
  1. Which course should i choose in post graduation to become a English professor in a college?
  2. Eligibility and educational qualification required to do PhD(Engineering) in NIT-Delhi?
  3. Eligibility to study PhD(Biotechnology) in Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth for M.Sc student?
  4. Admission criteria and educational qualification required to study PhD(Biotechnology) in Alagappa University?
  5. List of entrance exams available to study PhD(Forensic Medicine)? Educational qualification required to study?
  6. Will I be eligible for management exam like GMAT and CAT?
  7. Eligibility and educational qualification required to do PhD in Development Communications?
  8. Eligibility to become a Lecturer of B.Ed college
  9. List of universities and qualification required for doing Ph.D in Germany?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for infosys after completion of BSc with less than 60 percentage marks?
  11. Admission criteria and educational qualification required to study PhD(Food and Nutrition) in Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University?
  12. Educational qualification required to do PhD(Spatial Informatics) in IIIT, Hyderabad?
  13. Am i eligible for Ph.D. in General Medicine after M.Sc. in Medical Pharmacology?
  14. What are the basic educational qualification required to pursue PhD in Management Studies? -- [New]
  15. Am I eligible to apply for SBI Clerk job if completed 12th with PCB group and B.Sc (IT) from Kuvempu University? Proper description about it and related books for the preparation?
  16. Which course to choose to become a Judge?
  17. Educational qualification required for admission in MBA course? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Minimum criteria required to apply for B.Ed course? Do I need to complete Ph.D or equivalent to apply for B.Ed?

31st January 2018, 07:22 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum educational qualification required for direct admission in PhD?

Minimum Educational Qualification required for getting direct admission in PhD (Doctoral Program):

The basic educational qualification required for getting direct admission into PhD is as follows.

> You must have completed Master's Degree in concerned stream with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university.

(Or)

> M.Phil or M.Litt degree from a recognized university

> In order to get admission into PhD, you must have qualified any of the following entrance examinations.
* Concerned college's PhD Entrance Examination
* UGC CSIR Exam
* NET JRF Exam
* SLET of concerned State..etc.,

> As you are Assistant Professor through UGC NET, I can say that you are certainly eligible to apply for direct PhD Admission in regular universities.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?