19th December 2019, 06:17 PM

Minimum qualification and procedure for the post of Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?

Hi, I have done Diploma in Computer Engineering and I want to become a Loco Pilot i.e., Train Driver in Indian Railways. Is this Diploma enough for Loco Pilot? Or, any other degree is required? And, when and how can I apply for Loco Pilot post? Is there any entrance?

20th December 2019, 10:29 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum qualification and procedure for the post of Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?

Eligibility for Loco Pilot;

-Candidate should have completed 10th standard from a recognised board and ITI in a specific trade such as fitter, mehinist, turner, heat engine etc.

- Age should be in between 18 to 30 years and age relaxation in upper age limit is provided to reserved category.

Exam- RRB ALP
Application forms are released in the month of August.
Apply mode - Online

http://indianrailways.gov.in/
20th December 2019, 10:38 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum qualification and procedure for the post of Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?

To become loco pilot in Indian Railways candidate have to appear and qualify in entrance examinations conducted by RRB.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10th/ equivalent and should have done ITI from a recognised board or must have completed diploma in engineering in electrical / mechanical/ automobile engineering.

The age limit is between 18 to 30 years and OBC / SC / ST candidates are eligible for upper age relaxation.

The selection of candidate is a made through written exam followed by personal interview.
20th December 2019, 11:14 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Minimum qualification and procedure for the post of loco pilot in Indian Railways:-
Candidate must complete the minimum 10th standard.
Candidate need to complete the ITI in any specific trade to apply for this post .
Minimum age 18 years and maximum age is 30 years for general category candidates. Relaxation is there for SC / ST/ OBC candidates.
Candidates who completed diploma in engineering are eligible.
Selection procedure:-
RRB exam
Personal interview.
21st December 2019, 11:20 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Educational qualification for LOCO Pilot post-

The aspirants should have done 10 + 2 with an ITI course in any specific grade recognised board.
Diploma holders are also eligible to apply for this post.

Exam- RRB ALP

http://rrbcdg.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?