30th January 2017, 06:40 PM
Ajay Reddu

Most effective way to prepare for IAS exam and how to get study materials?

Can anyone tell me the most effective way that how i prepare for IAS exam after B.A. and how i get study metireal? I completed B.A. with geography nd economics so which subject need for IAS exam

31st January 2017, 11:54 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Most effective way to prepare for IAS exam and how to get study materials?

For IAS preparation follow these tips
>> You first need to develop a strategy that you need to devote at least 6-8 hours of schedule study to crack IAS exam.
>> For IAS preparation concern NCERT pattern based books of physical and human geography, Modern India, Indian economy where you can prefer writers like Laxmikant, Ramesh Singh, Shankar.
>> Practice previous year papers set which are available in the market for getting experience and knowledge of the type of questions asked.
>> Study materials are also available in Mahindra Institute , Balaji Institute online web page where you can concern team for the practice sets.
>> You need to study more on Indian History , Physical ,social and economic geography of India, Decision making and problem solving with basic numerical ability.
31st January 2017, 01:26 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Most effective way to prepare for IAS exam and how to get study materials?

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and for recruitment as an officer the candidates have to qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The examination requires better preparation with determination, dedication and devotion to the syllabus of examination.

As, you have passed your bachelor degree with Economics and Geography it will be helpful for you in General Studies of Civil Service examination. For syllabus and other information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

You can take the study material of various institutes available online or you can join institute for preparation. Some of the best institute are :-

VAJIRAM and RAVI.

VISION IAS.

Chanakaya IAS.
2nd February 2017, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I start civil services examination preparation from first year of graduation?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?