14th November 2017, 11:34 AM
Thomas6209

Is my daughter eligible to get non creamy layer OBC certificate for college admission?

I am a Christian Marthoma and my wife is an Anglo Indian Christian. Is my daughter eligible to get a non-creamy layer OBC certificate for admission to the professional degree course? What should be the procedure to be followed to apply? Awaiting to get the response. Thanks!

15th November 2017, 06:42 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is my daughter eligible to get non creamy layer OBC certificate for college admission?

You will only be eligible to get non creamy layer OBC certificate if your caste is recognized as OBC in Central list of OBC candidate or in state list. If your caste is not mentioned in list then you can not get this certificate.

The further criteria is that only students whose parent's income is less than 8 lacs per annum is eligible for non creamy layer OBC candidate certificate and become eligible to avail reservation benefits.
15th November 2017, 09:05 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is my daughter eligible to get non creamy layer OBC certificate for college admission?

Anglo India community in India does not come under Other Backward Class. They are clubbed under Christian community in India and has been seeking reservation for long time but Indian parliament is yet to grant them some reservation benefits as they are in minority to improve their socio-economic status.

You can not apply for non creamy OBC certificate for college admission. Candidates who parents income is less than 8 lakh and are in OBC list are eligible for this certificate.
15th November 2017, 03:41 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The Non Creamy Layer (NCL) OBC status depends on the income level and not on the ethnicity.

If you belong to the most downtrodden strata of the society, you can make an application to the concerned authority.

They will verify your credentials and if found true, they shall issue you a certificate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?