12th April 2018, 03:23 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to qualify IPCC/CPT to study ICAI course for BCom student?

Respected Sir, I am in 3rd year of BCom(H) and I want to become Chartered Accountant. I want to know that after passing BCom, I need to qualify in IPCC or CPT exam to do ICAI course? Kindly let me know about this immediately. Thank you!

14th April 2018, 07:57 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to qualify IPCC/CPT to study ICAI course for BCom student?

There are three stages of Chartered Accountancy course:

1. Common Proficiency Test.

2. Integrated Professional Competence course.

3. Final course.

Students after 12th are eligible for CPT to get admission in CA course. On the other hand, graduates and post graduates with 55% marks or more in bachelor's degree in commerce can skip CPT but will have to go for IPCC stage.

If your percentage is above required then you can go for IPCC otherwise you will have to give CPT exam.
14th April 2018, 09:50 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it necessary to qualify IPCC/CPT to study ICAI course for BCom student?

It is necessary to qualify either Common Proficiency Test or score 55% marks in Bachelor of Commerce to get into Chartered Accountancy course.

There are two ways to get into CA course:

At 12th level, you can apply for Common Proficiency Test.

Bachelor of Commerce candidates with 55% marks can directly apply CA IPCC stage. But for this, you must meet percentage requirement else you will have to clear CPT first.
15th April 2018, 08:40 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Chartered Accountancy is a professional course. This course has three stages which any candidate needs to go through for becoming Chartered Accountant.

>>Common Proficiency Test.

>>Integrated Professional Competence course.

>>Final course.

Candidates who have academic qualification of 12th need to appear for CPT exam to get admission in Chartered Accountancy course. However, candidates who are graduate with 55% marks in commerce stream can directly apply for second stage of CA course that is IPCC.

Those who have less than 55% marks must give CPT exam. So, you need to qualify either IPCC or CPT.
15th April 2018, 10:56 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not necessary to appear in CPT examination after completion of your B.Com (H) course. Candidates who have secured at least 55% aggregate marks in B.Com course are exempted from appearing in CPT examination and they can directly register for IPCC. In case, if you have not secured at least 55% aggregate marks in your B.Com (H) course, you have to appear in CPT examination to register for IPCC.
15th April 2018, 11:44 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that ICAI course i.e; CA ( Chartered Accountancy ) course is divided into three stages which include the foundation course, IPCC ( Integrated Professional Competence Course ), and the final stage course.

Since you are a student of final year of your B.Com (H) degree course so you can directly apply for IPCC through direct entry scheme by skipping the foundation course for which you need to qualify CPT if you manage to clear your B.Com degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized university.

For detailed information regarding ICAI course you can refer to its official link i.e; www.icai.org.
15th April 2018, 02:00 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The very first thing I would like to let you know that the ICAI program which is also known as Chartered Accountancy course is divided into three stages which comprise of the foundation course in CA followed by IPCC and the final stage course.

Now, as far as you are concerned about whether you need to appear in CPT and IPCC being a student of B.Com (H) degree course then I would like to let you know that you can skip foundation course in CA if you clear your B.Com (H) degree with at least 55% marks but you will have to qualify IPCC and the final stage course to complete your ICAI program course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?