24th August 2019, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Is NEET required for doing Dentist course in India?

Which entrance exam do I need to write for doing Bachelor's of Dental Surgeon (BDS)? Is NEET required? I have taken PCB in 12th, so am I eligible to appear for NEET?

28th August 2019, 09:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is NEET required for doing Dentist course in India?

For admission in BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) degree course across any medical college of India, you are required to qualify NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) held by NTA once every year.

Further, for appearing in the same examination, your are required to have completed your Class 12th in Science stream with PCB combination with at least 50% marks ( or 40% marks in case of reserved category candidates) in aggregate in PCB group subjects from a recognized board of education.

For more details regarding NEET, you can log on to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
29th August 2019, 12:46 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you have to write the NEET to get admission in BDS course.

NEET is conducted by NTA. Candidates after qualifying in the examination will become eligible to get admission in government or private colleges in BDS or other medical courses.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB with minimum 50% aggregate. No age limit to appear for the examination. So, you will get admission only after qualifying in the examination.
29th August 2019, 01:30 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NEET is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. It is conducted by NTA. The examination is conducted for admission in medical courses such as MBBS, BDS, BHMS etc.

You have to appear and qualify in the examination for admission in BDS course.

Admission in private or government institutions is conducted on the basis of NEET rank.

Candidates passed 12th in PCB are eligible to appear for NEET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?