25th August 2019, 09:15 PM
Umesh Awaradi

Is passing in Mathematics compulsory in order to appear for NEET?

Am I eligible to write the NEET exam if I failed in Mathematics paper but in PCB I scored 50%? Am I allowed to register for NEET for the upcoming exam session?

30th August 2019, 09:30 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is passing in Mathematics compulsory in order to appear for NEET?

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is a national level medical admission test for offering admission to undergraduate medical degree course across any medical college of India except AIIMS and JIPMER.

Further, the minimum education required to apply for the NEET is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects along with English from a recognized board of education. Further, the minimum marks in aggregate in PCB subjects must be at least 50% ( or 40% in case of reserved category candidates).

Now, as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in NEET 2020 having managed to secure 50% marks in PCB subjects but having failed in Mathematics then it all depends upon the final status of your Class 12th result. If, it shows Pass then you are eligible for appearing in the same examination otherwise you will have to clear all your backlog papers first in order to appear in NEET.

For more detailed information regarding NEET, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
31st August 2019, 09:33 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is passing in Mathematics compulsory in order to appear for NEET?

To be eligible for appearing in NEET entrance exam, you should have passed/completed 10+2 with PCB or PCBM stream.

Since, you are from PCBM stream but you must pass all the subjects of 12th standard then only you can apply for NEET exam.

Since, you are failed in Mathematics subject so currently you cannot apply for NEET.

After passing Compartment exam of Mathematics, you can apply for NEET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?