22nd August 2016, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

As per my marks in Physics, Chemistry and Maths can I appear in JEE Main and Advanced 2017?

I have got 38% in maths 61% in physics and 63% in chemistry in cbse board 2016, so tell me thatam i eligible for appearing in Jee Main and Advances both in 2017? Please reply.... with genuine answers

22nd August 2016, 04:38 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: As per my marks in Physics, Chemistry and Maths can I appear in JEE Main and Advanced 2017?

No, you are not eligible to appear for JEE Advanced stage but eligible to appear for Main stage.

The eligibility to appear for JEE Main examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognised board with minimum 45% and relaxation for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination in next year. But for Advanced stage it is necessary to have minimum 75% ( in 20 percentile). There are only three attempts for Main and two for Advanced stage.
22nd August 2016, 07:04 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: As per my marks in Physics, Chemistry and Maths can I appear in JEE Main and Advanced 2017?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.
It is conducted by CBSE every year for admission in IIT(Indian Institute of Technology), NIT(National Institute of Technology), few of stat govt colleges and some private engineering colleges.

The marks you got in 12th board examination is very poor and with that marks it is very difficult to take admission in any college.
You can appear for JEE Mains but it will be very difficult for you to be in top 2 lac students to appear in your last JEE Advance.
From my point of view, along with JEE examination you should appear for board examination again to improve your marks through improvement examination.
22nd August 2016, 08:56 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2017 examination with 38% marks in Mathematics, 61% marks in Physics and 63% marks in Chemistry subjects of your 12th standard from a Government recognised board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or equivalent with PCM stream from a Government recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.

To be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2017 examination, you should have appeared, qualified and secured top 1,50,000 rank including all categories in JEE Main 2017 examination and you should have secured minimum 75% (70% for SC/ ST) aggregate marks in your 12th standard or you must be in top 20 percentile high scorers of your 12th standard board examinations.

You can appear in JEE Main examination maximum of three times and in JEE Advanced examination, maximum of two times in consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you have passed your 12th standard from CBSE Board in the year 2016, so, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2017 examination and you have not have secured minimum 70% aggregate marks in your 12th standard, so, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2017 examination.
22nd August 2016, 09:55 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is a national level engineering entrance examination held by CBSE once every year for admission in various undergraduate technical courses in IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM, CFTI and other private engineering colleges.

JEE is held in two stages which involves JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

--> The basic qualification required for appearing in JEE Main are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying under 25 years till the 1st October of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examination. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree with PCM group with a minimum of 45% aggregate from a recognized board. Students going to appear in their Class 12th board examination are also eligible.

--> For JEE Advanced, you are required to qualify JEE Main along with the aggregate in your board examination that makes you lie among the top 20 percentile candidates of your board examination or if you manages to secure at least 75% aggregate in your board examination and qualify JEE Main then also you are allowed to appear in the same.

So having secured 54% marks in PCM overall you are eligible for JEE Main but not for JEE Advanced as for this you need to secure a minimum of 75% aggregate in your board examination being a CBSE candidate as cutoff for top 20 percentile in case of CBSE is more than 80%.

For further details about JEE, you must log on to its official link www.jeemain.nic.in.
22nd August 2016, 10:33 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have got 38% in maths 61% in physics and 63% in chemistry in cbse board 2016, so tell me thatam i eligible for appearing in Jee Main and Advances both in 2017? Please reply.... with genuine answers
There is no such percentage criteria of 10+2 required to appear in JEE Main Exam.

So, as you have secured given marks in 10+2. Then, you are eligible to apply for JEE Main Exam.

JEE Advanced exam can only be appeared after qualifying JEE Main Exam.

Without qualifying Main exam, you cannot appear for Advanced exam.

Online applications for this exam are not released yet.
22nd August 2016, 11:33 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Joint Entrance Examination Main stage is as below:

1. You must have done 10+2 from any recognized board with compulsory subject like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

2. The minimum percentage of marks required in 10+2 is 50%. You have mentioned your marks in PCM here. If your overall aggregate is 50% or more than 50%, you are eligible for JEE Main.

For JEE Advanced, you must clear JEE Main and be among top 200000 candidates and scored minimum of 75% marks in board exam of 10+2.
23rd August 2016, 12:44 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

JEE examination which is conducted in Main and Advanced stage is necessary to get admission in B.Tech/B.E courses.

The minimum aggregate required to appear for Main is 45% in 10+2. So,you can appear for Main examination.

But, you are not eligible to appear for Advanced stage if you are not under top 20 percentile cut off score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?