27th January 2019, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 10th standard to become an IAS Officer?

Dear Sir, my aim is to become an IAS Officer. I have just given my 10th Board exam. I want to know about the percentage which is required for becoming an IAS Officer? Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

3rd February 2019, 12:10 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 10th standard to become an IAS Officer?

To become an IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the minimum qualifications required to appear in the same examination is as below :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Upper age limit relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

Now as far as you are concerned about the minimum marks to be secured in Class 10th to be eligible for becoming an IAS officer, then I would like to let you know that for appearing in the Civil Services examination, there is no requirement of minimum marks to be secured or a particular subject to be studied at any level of academics and therefore any candidate having completed his/her graduation degree in any discipline with any percentage of marks is eligible for appearing in the same examination.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?