19th February 2016, 03:56 PM
H_I_61

Placement of those with certifications is better than those without them?

Hey guys, I am a researcher. During a certain research I found out that placements of those with certifications is better than those without them. Please throw some light on this topic!

30th December 2016, 11:44 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Placement of those with certifications is better than those without them?

Being in Research field is a nice profession. It is highly respected, reputed and carries its own importance in the field of the research that you would be doing. It is basically contributing knowledge to the already present database of knowledge that we all have.

As per your question, it is quite subjective to say whether the placements of people with certifications are better than those without any. However, let us take a look at what might be the reasons for the same if the above statement holds true.

Research involves survey at times where you try to ask genuine people about your questionnaire and seek information/opinion to understand situations and psychology. It can be either Primary Research or Secondary Research. Thus, in order to find out about the above statement whether it holds good or bad it would be a nice idea to do some research on the same.

As you say that you have already done some research, you found that people with certifications have better placements than those without any certifications. This might be because:

1. Certifications mean extra efforts put in by candidates to enhance their professional profile. It means the individual is serious about his/her career and is trying out ways to add value to his/her profile.

2. Companies that hire candidates want them industry ready. Many a times the academic institutions do not make candidates ready for industry and immediate start. But the certifications that these people do make them aware of what the industry is expecting out of potential candidates and therefore they have greater awareness and so hired faster.

3. Certified professionals are more trustworthy when it comes to the work they are expected to do. It gives the hiring firms a sense of confidence about the profile they are applying for and therefore, are more preferred for recruitment.

4. Undoubtedly the certified people also get more salaries than the ones that are not. Overall, certifications add value to people and one must always look to learn and keep the learning cycle on such that even companies can see that in the overall candidature of people.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?