26th December 2016, 04:25 PM
balajisanap05101997@gmail

Possibility to appear in OTA exam for BCA holder? When should I apply for it? Previous years question paper of this exam?

Hello sir, I have passed 12th with Art stream and BCA graduate. Can I appear in OTA exam? When should I apply for it? Previous years question paper of this exam?

27th December 2016, 09:41 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear in OTA exam for BCA holder? When should I apply for it? Previous years question paper of this exam?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for CDS entrance examination for recruitment in Officer's Training Academy.

The examination is conducted twice every year. The eligibility to appear for OTA is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must have between 19-25 years.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in both stages as written and SSB eligible for recruitment.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th December 2016, 05:00 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possibility to appear in OTA exam for BCA holder? When should I apply for it? Previous years question paper of this exam?

OTA stands for Officer's Training Academy and it is one of the four wings of CDS after joining which you will tend towards becoming a defense officer.

Also for joining OTA you need to qualify CDS entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in CDS entrance examination for joining OTA are as below :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age must lie within 19 years to 25 years.

iii) You must have completed your bachelor degree holder in any subject from a recognized university.

iv) You must follow the fitness requirement norms as per the service requirement.

So being BCA degree holder you are eligible for joining OTA on the basis of educational requirement for same but you must follow the mentioned criteria too.

Also the same examination is held twice every year in the month of February and November generally for which the application forms are available in the months of November and August respectively.

For more information and previous year papers of same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?