28th February 2020, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to do engineering courses with PCB subject combination in Intermediate?

Sir/Ma'am, actually I am in CBSE Board and in class 12th I have PCB but I am more interested in engineering so can I do Mathematics after 12 from NIOS Board and drop one year for it? Can you help me please? Is it possible?

29th February 2020, 05:40 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possibility to do engineering courses with PCB subject combination in Intermediate?

--If you are interested to do Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or any other physics related field,its quite clear you can not pursue that.

--However,you are eligible for the B.tech courses related to the Biology.Certain fields are Genetics,Agriculture.

--for B.tech biotechnology,you are required to take up math as a subject in college.
29th February 2020, 07:33 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to do engineering courses with PCB subject combination in Intermediate?

To pursue engineering course, the eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in the engineering course.
1st March 2020, 02:03 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can drop 1 year for studying Mathematics subject, but it should be from CBSE Board only as you have completed PCB stream from CBSE Board.

Therefore, you cannot club marksheets of CBSE Board and NIOS Board together for getting admission to engineering course.

Hence, you should apply for Mathematics subject through CBSE Regional office or school as a Private candidate.

You will have to appear for regular Board exams of Mathematics subject along with other regular candidates in March next year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?