30th December 2019, 02:14 PM
Bavani Raja Ramar

Possibility to do MBA on the basis of Diploma course?

I have completed my Diploma Engineering and I have few years of practical job experience as well. So, now can I do MBA with having my Diploma course? If not, then what is the alternate course of MBA which I can pursue now?

31st December 2019, 10:56 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to do MBA on the basis of Diploma course?

MBA is Master in Business Administration. It is two year course from a recognised university.

The required minimum educational qualification to appear in the examination to get admission is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission on the basis of diploma course.
31st December 2019, 11:13 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

MBA is Master in Business Administration. It is two year course from a recognised university.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to get admission in the course. Entrance examination such as CAT, GMAT, XAT is conducted for admission in the course.
31st December 2019, 12:33 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration and it is a professional degree course with a very good career scope in management and business field.

The minimum education required to pursue the MBA degree course is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, being a diploma in engineering degree holder, you are not eligible to pursue MBA degree course as diploma degree is not considered equivalent to any bachelor's degree course.

So, to pursue MBA degree course, you are required to pursue a bachelor's degree course or you can opt for BBA-MBA integrated course on the basis of your diploma in engineering course.
31st December 2019, 03:59 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

MBA stands for Master of Business Applications. This is a 2 year Post Graduation course being offered by many of the colleges in India.

Below is the eligibility criteria to join MBA course :

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% of marks.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC/ST category.

There is no upper age limit to join this course.

As per this criteria, though you complete your Diploma course, you should complete Graduation also to be eligible to join MBA course.

Few years of practical job experience is of no use for admission to MBA.

You are eligible to join B.Tech course through lateral entry process since you have completed Diploma in Engineering.

I would suggest you to complete your B.Tech course first or B.Sc with any of the stream and then you will be eligible to join MBA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?