29th August 2018, 07:26 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to secure MA(English) Honours admission in IGNOU for a candidate with less than 50% in Graduation?

Hello friends, unfortunately I have secure less than 50% marks in my Graduation. I want to do MA in English Honours course from IGNOU. Kindly tell me that is it possible for me to do MA Honours with such percentage?

15th September 2018, 06:50 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Possibility to secure MA(English) Honours admission in IGNOU for a candidate with less than 50% in Graduation?

The minimum education required for pursuing MA ( Master of Arts ) in English from IGNOU ( Indira Gandhi National Open University ) is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, having completed your graduation degree even with less than 50% marks, you are eligible to pursue MA in English IGNOU as there is no minimum percentage requirement in graduation degree for admission to MA programme.

For more details regarding IGNOU admissions, you can refer to the link www.ignou.ac.in.
15th September 2018, 08:22 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to secure MA(English) Honours admission in IGNOU for a candidate with less than 50% in Graduation?

M.A in English is two year course and IGNOU is Indira Gandhi National Open University.

The eligibility to get admission in M.A English is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The admission is on the merit basis.

No entrance examination is conducted for admission in the course. So, you are eligible to apply for the admission in the course.
15th September 2018, 09:10 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

M.A is Master in Arts and it is two year course. The eligibility to get admission in M.A English course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university with English as main paper in bachelor degree.

So, if you have the above qualification then you are eligible to apply for the examination to get admission in the course.

The academic session in IGNOU starts twice in a year and it is a recognised university.
15th September 2018, 10:12 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IGNOU is a recognised open university and candidates are eligible to get admission in the university in master degree after completion of master degree course.

The eligibility to get admission in master degree in English is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree with minimum qualifying marks. There is no other required qualification to get admission.

There is no entrance test for admission in the course. The admission is closed now. You will become eligible to apply in next session
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?