21st August 2018, 01:35 AM
Pranav Mp

Possibility to secure MTech admission in IIT for BTech graduate with 5.2 CGPA?

Hi friends, I have finished my BTech from NIT-Calicut. Unfortunately I have secured only 5.2 CGPA. I want to do my MTech from IIT. I would like to know that is it possible for me to secure MTech admission with this CGPA in IIT?

23rd August 2018, 07:34 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to secure MTech admission in IIT for BTech graduate with 5.2 CGPA?

For admission in IITs ( Indian Institute of Technology ) for pursuing M.Tech ( Master of Technology ) degree course you are required to have qualified GATE ( Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ) held by different IITs following a rotation policy.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in GATE is a bachelor of engineering/ bachelor of technology (B.E./B.Tech ) degree with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, having completed your B.Tech degree course with 5.2 CGPA, you are not eligible for appearing GATE and therefore admission in IITs to pursue M.Tech degree course as 5.2 CGPA is not equivalent to 60% or 55% marks on any scale.
25th August 2018, 04:26 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to secure MTech admission in IIT for BTech graduate with 5.2 CGPA?

=> M.Tech stands for Master of Technology and the duration of this course is two years.

=> In order to get admission in IIT for M.Tech course candidate should have passed B.Tech with at least 60% from a recognized university.

=> The admission of candidate will be done on the basis of entrance examination i.e GATE.

=> As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to get M.Tech admission in IIT after B.Tech graduate with 5.2 CGPA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?