11th February 2017, 07:25 AM
nikhil sajan

Possibility to write GATE exam after completion of M.Sc in Applied Physics? What should I do for it?

Hello sir, I am in final year of M.Sc Applied Physics. Can I write GATE exam after completion of M.Sc in Applied Physics? What should I do for it?

15th February 2017, 08:25 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to write GATE exam after completion of M.Sc in Applied Physics? What should I do for it?

The full form of GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Eligibility criteria for GATE exam:

1. Bachelor of technology or engineering from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply.

2. Those who have done master's degree in any branch of science, mathematics, statistics, computer application etc can apply for this exam.

You can apply for GATE exam after completion of M.Sc in Applied Physics. You should wait for GATE 2018 form and then apply at official website.
15th February 2017, 09:09 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to write GATE exam after completion of M.Sc in Applied Physics? What should I do for it?

GATE is competitive examination conducted by Indian Institute of Technology every year for post graduate course, Master of Technology.

The educational qualification required for GATE entrance exam is B.Tech in any stream or candidates who have done master's degree in science or mathematics or computer application can also apply for GATE entrance examination.

M.Sc in Applied Physics candidates can apply for GATE examination.
15th February 2017, 09:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Yes, you can write GATE examination after Master of Science in Applied Physics. GATE 2017 was conducted by IIT, Roorkee and in its prospectus, IIT mentioned that candidates who have done master's degree in any branch of science can apply for GATE exam.

You can check eligibility criteria of GATE at Click Here . There is no upper age limit for GATE and no limit on number of attempts.
15th February 2017, 09:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil sajan View Post
Hello sir, I am in final year of M.Sc Applied Physics. Can I write GATE exam after completion of M.Sc in Applied Physics? What should I do for it?
You are in final year of M.Sc degree in Applied Physics subject, so you are eligible for GATE entrance exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Those who have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are eligible for GATE exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?